The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2014, 01:45 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: The best flies I've tied so far.

You're doing good Glen and I won't tell you that you are doing anything wrong.

With hair wings and feather wing alike, take a moment and put a little dab of cement on the spot where the materials are bound in by the thread. Let it soak in and then continue. This helps to prevent a really nice wing from pulling out when in use.
Auntie Em likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 02-06-2014, 01:46 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Great job Glen ...congrats!!!
Old 02-06-2014, 05:26 PM

gzarboni is a glorious beacon of lightgzarboni is a glorious beacon of lightgzarboni is a glorious beacon of lightgzarboni is a glorious beacon of lightgzarboni is a glorious beacon of lightgzarboni is a glorious beacon of light

Hey thanks Ard. I will try that the next time I tie those types of flies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"There are no traffic jams along the extra mile"

http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fo...logs/gzarboni/
Old 02-06-2014, 06:16 PM

r reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nice

Nice job!!! Been at it long time and I wish mine looked that good. Comes naturally to some harder for others. Again nice job!!
gzarboni likes this.
Old 02-06-2014, 06:20 PM

Eddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to behold

Very nice work indeed. You have obviously been putting in the hours at the bench. All the flies look great to me, nothing of note to improve. I can't wait to see your flies after the lesson
gzarboni likes this.