The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By fly_guy12955
  • 1 Post By Hardyreels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2014, 12:14 AM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold
Default Free lance streamer

You ever tie a fly that you would be almost ashamed to show anyone,,but you just cant 'undo' it cause it says 'i WILL catch fish ?' I did a couple off the cuff 'my own creation' streamers tonite,,wooly kinda thingy's...was gonna cut them clean and salvage my hooks but I swear,,they look like they will be small mouth killers. IF,,they do,,THEN I'll show ya'll a pic...not till then LOL I just never saw anything quite like them..so,,we'll see.
jbird likes this.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:47 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Free lance streamer

I think everyone makes things that don't look like best of show flies. I made a few of these yesterday;
Click the image to open in full size.

It's a micro tube with a Zonker type tail and some hackle. Not pretty but I can tell you I'll catch a nice one on it, probable a bunch of them.

Let's see it
jbird likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 02-11-2014, 08:02 AM

brookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to behold

With exception of clousers, pretty much every streamer I tie is off the cuff.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:17 AM

jbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_guy12955 View Post
You ever tie a fly that you would be almost ashamed to show anyone,,but you just cant 'undo' it cause it says 'i WILL catch fish ?' I did a couple off the cuff 'my own creation' streamers tonite,,wooly kinda thingy's...was gonna cut them clean and salvage my hooks but I swear,,they look like they will be small mouth killers. IF,,they do,,THEN I'll show ya'll a pic...not till then LOL I just never saw anything quite like them..so,,we'll see.

Old 02-11-2014, 08:37 AM

pm287 is on a distinguished road

This is not a streamer. I call it a mouse. When fishing midwest bass ponds, just lay it down by the a few feet from the bank.....they love it.