Well I did not see this one posted here yet, and I had posted it on another forum with great reviews. Just thought I would share.
What you will need:
* 35mm film canister’s
* ¼ inch drill bit
All of my canisters were free!!!! I just asked for them at any store that processes film, Walgreen’s, Wal-Mart, etc…
1. First take and drill a ¼ inch hole in the top center of the 35mm film canister cap.
2. Take the cap off the 35mm film canister and insert pen.
3. Mark the top of the 35mm film canister on the pen.
4. Remove pen and tape down chenille just above the mark you just made on the pen.
5. Start wrapping the chenille just below the line on the pen. Wrap back and forth until all the chenille is on the pen, below the line.
The key to making this work is the wrapping of the chenille. You want to keep some tension on the chenille but not too much, if to much is applied it will be tough to remove the pen later, and will also crush your chenille. Also note that the wraps must be side by side if there is any over lapping of wraps it will cause an issue later during usage of storage container.
6. Insert the pen with the wrapped chenille in to the 35mm film canister.
7.Remove the tape from the pen.
8.Hold the chenille in place with one hand and slowly remove the pen from the rapped chenille with the other.
9.Take the 35mm film canister cap and feed the tag end (the one you taped down) of the chenille in to the hole and place cap on to the canister.
10.Label and use. The chenille will unravel from the inside out. If the chenille will not pull out smoothly, redo steps 4-10 paying close attention to step 5.