The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

Like Tree16Likes
  • 7 Post By calftail
  • 1 Post By lv2nymph
  • 2 Post By JoJer
  • 2 Post By Mnflyfish
  • 1 Post By stimmy7
  • 2 Post By mridenour
  • 1 Post By littledavid123

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2014, 08:03 PM

calftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to behold
Default Ripple

I didn't forget the "forgotten color" thread on another forum and had to order up some tying thread because it looked so cool, but the Danvilles lay dormant for a few months......what to tie? Claret.

Ghetto's folks and teen's have a lot going on together, not much moo-la and a popular weekend buzz was a 6 pack and a bottle of Ripple. Yah-who? Most of you won't have the slightest idea what Ripple is cause it's no longer made so sub the beer and the poison you glugged with your buddies. Know what I'm talkin' bout ?

"Ripple"....the fly:

Hook: a wet fly hook, a sinker, something to get it happy and down down down.....down
Thread: 6/0 Danville Wine color
Tail: blurred white hackle fibers
Tag: lightning silver flat tinsel
Body: Ripple Pagan Red dubbing in a whirling loop and eye flash white oval tinsel rib
Wing: mallard quill with wine spilled slips
Hackle collar: grizzly dyed ....empty Ripple bottle green

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

The "stuff"....

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=...99338035647945
Old 05-04-2014, 09:08 PM

lv2nymph is just really nicelv2nymph is just really nicelv2nymph is just really nicelv2nymph is just really nicelv2nymph is just really nice
Default Re: Ripple

That fly is cool looking. I know what's up with the rip! Lovin it. Nice job.
calftail likes this.
Old 05-04-2014, 10:03 PM

JoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to behold

In my misdirected youth it was Boone's Farm Apple wine and, later, lots of paying obeisance at the ceramic altar.
mridenour and calftail like this.

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privelege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey
Old 05-04-2014, 10:43 PM

Mnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really nice

In my day it was Mad Dog 20/20 and NightTrain.

Sweet lookin fly! Like the colors.

Sent from my iPhone
mridenour and calftail like this.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:39 PM

stimmy7 is a splendid one to beholdstimmy7 is a splendid one to beholdstimmy7 is a splendid one to beholdstimmy7 is a splendid one to beholdstimmy7 is a splendid one to beholdstimmy7 is a splendid one to behold

And for those old enough to recall "Sanford and Son", Fred's favorite drink was:

Champipple... Champagne and Ripple

And his favorite snack (in honor of Cinco de Mayo) was:

Holey Moley

Swiss cheese and Guacamole

Growing up in "Da Hood" (Oakland, CA) and having worked at a liquor store in the 1960s, I can tell you two of the other favorites were Chateau LaSalle and Thunderbird.

"THUNDERBIRD! What's the price? 50 twice..."
calftail likes this.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:48 PM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimmy7 View Post
And for those old enough to recall "Sanford and Son", Fred's favorite drink was:

Champipple... Champagne and Ripple

And his favorite snack (in honor of Cinco de Mayo) was:

Holey Moley

Swiss cheese and Guacamole

Growing up in "Da Hood" (Oakland, CA) and having worked at a liquor store in the 1960s, I can tell you two of the other favorites were Chateau LaSalle and Thunderbird.

"THUNDERBIRD! What's the price? 50 twice..."
Haha...

Fred: "Ah...59!"

"Good year?"

Fred: "Nah, good price!"
fly_guy12955 and calftail like this.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:29 PM

calftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to behold

Back when I'll betcha a dozen "ripples" would get you a case of Ripple...

It was some nasty brew if you had to drink it warm.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:52 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

A bottle of Boones Farm or Annie Green Springs "Strawberry Hill" was a must if you expected your girlfriend to go out with you.

Dave
calftail likes this.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:54 PM

...AND IN THE BACK SEAT OF A ' 56 CHEVY!

Goodness.