The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2015, 08:57 AM

hokiehunter07 will become famous soon enough
Default Anyone have experience with the Wholesale Fly Company?

Saw a post on Facebook from a guy saying he bought beads from wholesale fly company for ridiculous prices. I went to their website and sure enough the prices are great. Is it too good to be true or are they a good company?

Anyone dealt with them before?

Hokie.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:13 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone have experience with the Wholesale Fly Company?

Interesting. Ran the name through two search engines and the one/only hit was a reference to his face page. Someone working out of house?

Update: Small brainstorm and went at it a different way: http://www.wholesaleflycompany.com/

Appears to be a legit firm that's been around since about 2004.

Fred
Old 02-11-2015, 09:14 AM

cookie125 is on a distinguished road

I'm not sure if this helps but this site claims to review other sites and says it is pretty trustworthy.
is wholesaleflycompany.com a scam or legit | wholesaleflycompany.com trust reviews |check wholesaleflycompany.com for fraud and risk | is wholesaleflycompany.com safe or fake
Old 02-11-2015, 04:52 PM

the_pyromaniac is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to the_pyromaniac Send a message via Skype™ to the_pyromaniac

If they're legit, there's a lot of good stuff there...
Old 02-11-2015, 05:22 PM

ted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to behold

They're legit. I've dealt with them a number of times in the past. The beads are low quality, but I don't care one bit. For as quickly as I lose flies I don't need beads that will last forever. I don't remember when I last ordered from them, but I do remember the shipping being very quick.
Old 02-11-2015, 05:47 PM

red feather troutbum is on a distinguished road

100 tungsten bead heads for $10? Best I have found around here is $9 for a 20 pack. will have to check them out.
Old 02-11-2015, 06:51 PM

ia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to behold

I tried them on Ted's advice last year. I have their barbell eyes, a few bobbins and other consumables. Everything purchased so far is decent quality, especially considering the prices.
Old 02-16-2015, 10:57 PM

wyfish is on a distinguished road

Yep. Didn't let me down
Old 02-17-2015, 12:45 AM
Banned

itchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud of

Great website and fast shipping. I've noticed their beadheads tarnish easily but I love their coneheads and dumbbells. I've yet to check out their new tungsten beads yet. Their tools are also nice for the price. They're the only bobbins I use.