The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2008, 05:13 PM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly
Default Re: Putting a pheasant skin to work

thanks for those articles! I will see if I can get a ahold of a skin.

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.
Old 12-06-2008, 08:29 PM

roygpa is on a distinguished road

A buddy from work just today gave me a whole pheasant that he shot a few years ago and he planned on getting it mounted until he found out what it costs to mount one. Now to skin it and get it into my plastic box of borax.

Roy
Old 12-06-2008, 10:51 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

McFly

Keep an eye out on EBay, I think I have seen them there and they are really reasonable (like $5, if I recall correctly, plus another $5 for shipping).

Larry
Old 12-06-2008, 11:46 PM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly

I also have seen them for around 10 bux even on cabelas but that would not count shipping. ebay is the way to go

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:27 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Fysh

You definately need to get that Beneilli out pheasant hunting!
Besides a great meal you will have a free source for feathers.

Larry
Old 12-13-2008, 11:57 AM

Midwest flyfish kid will become famous soon enough

Thanks!! Those patterns are awesome
Old 12-26-2008, 09:56 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi Fysh,

I use a lot of pheasant and just got four new skins three ringneck and one silver. You know if you dye the ringneck you can come up with some great stuff for streamers. I use shoulder and flank most.

Got 14" of the white stuff today and just parked the plow. Getting ready for a trip to the cabin Monday morning. Gotta leave before light because of the short days. Don't want to get there at dark.

Ard
Old 12-28-2008, 01:56 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Hi Fysh,

I use a lot of pheasant and just got four new skins three ringneck and one silver. You know if you dye the ringneck you can come up with some great stuff for streamers. I use shoulder and flank most.

Got 14" of the white stuff today and just parked the plow. Getting ready for a trip to the cabin Monday morning. Gotta leave before light because of the short days. Don't want to get there at dark.

Ard

Hello Ard,
I do have a good selection of dyed Rooster Skins, but I don't have any Silver Pheasant. Perhaps it's time to find one.

You be careful on your travels, and have a good time at your cabin. It would be nice to have a place to escape for a few days.

Please post some pics when you return. I still have not had time to get the pics sent to you, but it looks like this upcoming week we are going to get a reprieve from the Snow, hopefully my wife will help me get some put together for you.

Did you get the 'Jib-Jab' I sent?

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 12-29-2008, 10:11 AM

tgoodwater2002 will become famous soon enough

Very good articles! Thanks a bunch!!