The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2008, 11:46 AM

fshfanatic will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Foam Hoppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Fogerty View Post
San Juans or eggs? Of course I don't use them. I suppose you don't pinch down your barbs and you also resort to using a dropper setup.

Have you ever noticed that people only hear what they want to hear? The same ones will argue and argue over an issue rather than admit that someone else is right and you are wrong. Why is that?
Seems you are accusing Joni of the same thing you are doing.. Why is that?
Old 12-11-2008, 07:30 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Heay, so does a chicken but I don't see them being tied on the bench and called a fly!

Nice try!
But you do see the feathers used right?
You don't use hoppers, must be too cold up there where you live for them. Do they fish with matukas, or any other streamer patterns in the great white north? Or don't you call them flies or use them because they don't resemble flies?
Old 12-11-2008, 08:04 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Matukas is another sissy fly that we don't bother with either.

And where do you live, sport? Wherever it is, it won't even come close to what British Columbia has to offer the sports fisherman. Open up your eyes and Goggle the Province. It will blow your mind and make you tuck your tail back between your legs. where it belongs.
Jake, don't need to go north. I could care less about fishing up in Canada. Big fish, big deal. I can take it or leave it. Got plenty of great fishing in here in the Utah, Idaho, Montana area. Don't need to leave home to far to enjoy fishing.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:16 PM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly

a daves hopper owns!!

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:24 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Hoppers: BC Dropper Hopper
Old 12-11-2008, 08:35 PM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly

Jake, I think a foam hopper,beetle or spider is a fly and using one is still fly fishing. why wouldn't it be? it is a material other than live bait thats tied onto a hook in such a manner to represent a insect? so if you made say a daves hopper that doesn't use foam but instead uses deer hair, feathers and such would you consider this a fly? whats the difference between the 2? I just tied mcfly foam eggs up. are these not flies? am I not a fly fisher because of it? why are these flies in the fly tyers bible handbook and why are they in just about every fly tying book out there? just because you think or say somethings not a fly doesn't mean it is or isn't. nobody made you the king of flyfishing. maybe you don't like using them or whatever but it in no way makes you better than someone who does and if you think it does you are sadly mistaken. a hopper/beetle or spider is actually classified as a terrestrial pattern. I have caught plenty of fish on foam patterns and don't think I am any less of a person because of it and I'd dare someone to tell otherwise. the fish don't seem to mind and its not illegal to use foam so why do you care so much? whats the big deal about it?? Joni I say make some up and post your catches with it. show Jake whats hes missing out on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SNV31471.JPG (79.8 KB, 10 views)

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:17 PM

Quote:
That's great! More room and fish for us. I like the way you think. Stay home.
Just for that remark, I'm coming up there now. I'll save motel fees and camp in your garage.
Sound good to you?

p.s. I hope you don't drink Molson. If I raid the fridge, gets some good stuff.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:59 PM

Midwest flyfish kid will become famous soon enough

Jake some of your posts crack me up. I really dont think you mean what you say though.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:51 PM

Midwest flyfish kid will become famous soon enough

This is why I love some of your posts.
Old 12-12-2008, 07:20 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Jake, I like that pretty Red box.

I leave for a day of shopping and the place goes crazy. lol

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*