The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2008, 07:46 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Foam Hoppers

Jake, We like our 3.2% beer here in the great state of Utah.

Everyone goes to Idaho or Wyoming fishing and they cannot wait to get some "High Point" that is sold there, I usually take my own from home because if I get there and drink the highpoint beer as quickly as I drink Utah beer, I'm gonna pay for it the next morning. lol

Boy, this thread has sure gone off on a tangent hasn't it. lol

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm probably wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

http://www.wasatchguideservice.com/

Old 12-12-2008, 08:33 PM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Fogerty View Post
I'm sorry George, there was something I was meaning to ask you regarding your avatar. Are those your ears?
No Biff, actually they are Crispin Glover's ears....

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.
Old 12-13-2008, 01:21 PM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold

leave crispins ear alone. he knocked biff out cold. I wouldn't diss him if I were you.

Old 12-13-2008, 02:21 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

Lorraine, my density has bought me to you.

What?

Oh, what I meant to say was...

Wait a minute, don't I know you from somewhere?

Yes. Yes. I'm George, George McFly. I'm your density. I mean... your destiny.
Old 12-13-2008, 09:57 PM

rmooney is just really nicermooney is just really nicermooney is just really nicermooney is just really nice

back to the future is an awesome movie, and crispin is the man. dont hate. and what is the big deal with using foam bodied flies? they look great, they float better than any other material, and they work! fish love 'em. in my opinion, foam bodied flies work best for catching crappie and bass.
Old 12-13-2008, 10:12 PM

I agree. foam rocks! floats like a champ, plus fish like to eat um up.

Old 12-14-2008, 07:37 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi to all,

This thread is about foam hoppers and has gotten way, way off subject. Can we please get back to the foam flies.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Frank
Old 12-14-2008, 05:11 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Joni

This thread has strayed way off course, but I still would like to see what you have come up with using that new Beavertail Foam Body Cutter.
Post some photos!

Larry
Old 12-14-2008, 05:26 PM

me too joni I wanna see what you come up with! looks like we can finally talk about foam all we want now cause the foamless elite have left the building! thank you mods! I knew it was only a matter of time! lol

Old 12-16-2008, 02:41 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

I tried a simple fly out of the 1/2" thick foam I got at Roberts. This is the medium hopper foam cutter, I would like to get the small, but I think this is going to be just fine.

Again, I have the molded plastic legs, and although a little out of focus, here is what the fish will see:

Click the image to open in full size.

Here is some side shots and straight down: