The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2009, 09:24 PM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly
Default Re: Eggs

looks good to me! give um a try!

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:38 AM

Arkie24 has a spectacular aura aboutArkie24 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeMcFly View Post
thanks ever make glo eggs? they work too.

McFly,
Help me with the glo eggs? I'm not sure I have seen them. Got a pic?
Old 01-23-2009, 11:03 AM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Has anybody ever used these? 2 bucks for 80 assorted from craft/dollar store.
Saw some a while back and was tempted.

ANTOnline.com - Chenille Kraft 8116 GLITTER,1/2"POMS,80PK,AST

peregrines
Old 01-23-2009, 11:40 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi peregrines,

I have seen those and thought about using them for eggs. I decided against them due to size and color. I guess you could trim them down a bit with scissors but may be hard to get them round. I like Glo yarn as it comes in colors that match real eggs.

Frank
Old 02-08-2009, 01:47 AM

ViceKing is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Eggs

I wouldn't use either glues. Egg Style flies are tied adhesive free. Glo bugs. The right thread and a good whip finish will do the trick just fine. I got a good many stocked up in pink, white, and chartreuse with red dots on them. I tied them all myself and would love to get some to you if your interested. I'm sure I can beat Cabela's for price as well. ha, well let me know at

vicekingfishing@gmail.com
Old 02-08-2009, 03:47 AM

pszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to behold

If you enjoy fishing eggs, you can create some interesting variations using hot glue. You can make the entire egg/cluster using colored hot glue, or you can attach a plastic bead to the top of the shank and apply the hot glue over it.

Tenkara Fly Fishing

Tenkara Fly Fishing Forum

Tenkara Fly Fishing Blog

"People tend to get the politicians and the fishing tackle they deserve" - John Gierach, Fishing Bamboo