The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2009, 12:00 PM

Biggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud of
Default Corn Feed Prince on the Weekly Fly.

A shameless self promotion, but the site has some great tiers and some good flies tied from start to finish. The Weekly Fly
Old 02-16-2009, 02:52 PM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of
Default Re: Corn Feed Prince on the Weekly Fly.

Great site, I like teh way he packs lead into the bead head to keep it right.
Bear
Old 02-16-2009, 10:36 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Biggie: Thanks, that was interesting. Size 4 Prince Nymph, never thought of tying one that big, but I can see in muddy water it would attract fish.

Larry
Old 02-17-2009, 09:36 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

After finding this fairly awesome fly on one of the later pages- Keyword(s): sasquatch - The Weekly Fly

I found my way to this link which looks like a really great, and tough fly- Fly - White Noise : This is Fly Daily

I use dubbing loops fairly often, but have never built them from wire. Seeing that fly makes me think I might have to get a wire-dubbing-brush-building rig. (ref to the Sasquatch/first link)

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:18 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

BigCliff

I like the Sasquatch! Very interesting technique using wire as a dubbing loop. I'm going to tie a few of those up.

Larry
Old 02-18-2009, 10:16 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Wire is most commonly used with tools like this- Tying tool review, Dubbing block with built in wheel for spinning dubbing brushes. Reviewed by Martin Joergensen - Global FlyFisher

I'd like to make one up myself, but finding something to replace the spinning wheel with the hook might be a challenge.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:38 AM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute

A 1/4" bead??? Not with my rods ! I try to keep beads down to 3/32" and
sometimes 1/8", and use more non-lead lead. Interesting tip on the
biot wings.