The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2009, 12:51 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default A Pair Of Boxes

Since I posted the wallets, here are a few boxes....................

Attachment 1771Attachment 1772Click thumbnails to enlarge;

These are plain Wheatley clip boxes full of salmon candy, I've been working on these for the past couple weeks and they are done. Now I need to tie some inventory for replacement of lost members.

The box that has the bright bunny fur comet's is the King salmon gear. If I can get one of those in front of a bright fish they slam them.

The box with all the fancy stuff is primarily steelhead and silver salmon gear. Silvers / Coho will nail the big bunny comet's also but if you can get them to take the classic stuff it's pretty rewarding. I also use Whitlock Sculpins for silvers with good results. The steelies usually demand something a little more refined than a big pink bunny fur comet. It would be a perfect world if they would slam them the way kings do.

Attachment 1773Click to enlarge;
This is a Perrine #100 box (circa 1980) and another unmarked six compartment aluminum box circa 1950. I've been using the old six compartment for egg imitations and honey bugs since I got it. It is only a half inch thick and is made of aluminum, if you know who made these neat little boxes please let me know. Thanks,

What do you use? Post a picture if you have time.

Ard
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Salmon Candy #10001.jpg (96.6 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg Salmon Candy #20001.jpg (101.1 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg PERRINE #1000001.jpg (92.0 KB, 23 views)
Old 02-17-2009, 08:22 AM

axle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud of
Default Re: A Pair Of Boxes

Nice. That's some awesome stuff....
Old 02-17-2009, 05:40 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: A Pair Of Boxes

Thanks Axe, I'm glad to have them filled. I tie slowly so tying 100 flies of combined types tuckers me out. Now I'll make one now and then just for fun.