The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2009, 06:19 PM

chucko is on a distinguished road
Default new tying material

I found some great tying material in another department at the store yesterday. This is what I came up with. What do ya think?
Have'nt tried to fish with them yet. but I think it looks cool!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5684.JPG (55.0 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5686.jpg (38.1 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5692.JPG (59.5 KB, 24 views)
Old 02-24-2009, 06:58 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new tying material

What is that Chucko? sorta looks like spinner bait skirting.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 02-24-2009, 07:04 PM

Midwest flyfish kid will become famous soon enough

I really like that. It looks like a jig.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:06 PM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly

ya what is that stuff? looks like lots of barred rubber legs or the back skirting off a jig or something

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:33 PM

Yep Thats exactly what it is. Apparently Booyah has spinnerbait skirts you can change. I just cut it in front of the rubberband, and push my hook through the middle. Then with lots of strands in front of the rubberband I tie it off with lots of thread and uv glue.You could use rattles, spinners, whatever! Do ya think they need eyes?
Old 02-25-2009, 02:56 PM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of

Great flies, bass ought to eat 'em up. Eyes woudl look good one them, make them look more like a shad or small gill.
Did you add weight to them for fishing deeper?
Bear
Old 02-25-2009, 09:32 PM

Fishinbear, Well this stuff is really light weight, but it sinks pretty fast, without any x-tra weight. It's new to me so I'm still experimenting with it.
My next fly will be with a rattle, although I don't know how to tie one on.(Any hints from anyone?) Then I'll post more pics! With eyes!
Old 02-25-2009, 11:36 PM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of

They make "fly rattles" I think Cabelas has them, I have used the plaistic ones that you add to bass jigs, I cut any x-tra stuff off if there is any, like holes on the end to slide over a hook, then wrap it on the hook shank with heavy thread and zap-a-gap it. After that has dried I wrap a chennile bodey over it. The rubber does sink on its own, but at times bass hit better on a reaction bite a bait moveing or droping fast, they arent really hungry but when something moves fast clsoe to them they just cant help but hit at it. When I am fishing conventional gear I always play with diffrent weights on plastic baits and jigs, for an ideal, last nov I was fishing on my lake three days in a row, day one I caught most of my bass on a 1/4 ounce jig around docs and the 3rd day a 1/2 ounce worked better. On day two I couldnt catch one on a jig but they hit a bomber crankbait allday long, ya just never know lol
Bear