The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2009, 05:56 PM

Arkie24 has a spectacular aura aboutArkie24 has a spectacular aura about
Default Looking for some Salmon Flies

To my friends up North:

I need a dozen colorful salmon flies. I want to get them framed and hang them in my office at work. I see how beautiful they are and you guys who build them are truly artist. If anyone is interested please PM me a cost and we can make this happend.

Thanks for your help and I look forward to hearing from you.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:31 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for some Salmon Flies

Arkie: If you don't hear from Hardyreels, send him a PM he is a master at tying the salmon flies.

Larry
Old 04-12-2009, 06:45 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Arkie24,

Here is a link to North Shore Fishing Adventures. You can see some of their flies in the NAFFF FAQ Fly Tying section. Jocelin LeBlanc is a great guy and ties wonderful flies. Let Jocelin know you are from NAFFF.

Frank

ICY BLUE ATLANTIC SALMON FLY
Click the image to open in full size.

Black Ghost
Old 04-12-2009, 07:03 PM

Arkie24 has a spectacular aura aboutArkie24 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Whiton View Post
Hi Arkie24,

Here is a link to North Shore Fishing Adventures. You can see some of their flies in the NAFFF FAQ Fly Tying section. Jocelin LeBlanc is a great guy and ties wonderful flies. Let Jocelin know you are from NAFFF.

Frank

ICY BLUE ATLANTIC SALMON FLY

Black Ghost
Thanks Frank!
I can buy flie from any fly shop online but I love this site and want the personal touch of these great artist who make up NAFFF.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:10 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Arkie: If you don't hear from Hardyreels, send him a PM he is a master at tying the salmon flies.

Larry
Larry,

You don't know how good that makes me feel to read something like that!

Thank You,

Ard
Old 04-12-2009, 09:26 PM

FISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to behold

What type of salmon flies are you interested in ???, the ones posted earlier or the full dress Atlantic flies... The Silver Doctor & the Jock Scott are full dress Atlantic Salmon flies & they can be very intricate to tie. I know people who spend 10-12 hours on a fly & they are fast, There are conversions to Hair wing flys for many of the old classics because some of the materials are hard to find or not available.
The Dr Oatman & the Yellow are "New England Style Streamers, The Grey Ghost is a Carrie Stevens streamer that is very popular, The New England style streamers are fairly easy to tie if you have the right materials & most of the materials are available
Attached Images
File Type: jpg silverdoctor.jpg (13.5 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg Dr Oatman.jpg (59.9 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Web yellow special.jpg (55.9 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Gray Ghost2.jpg (78.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Jock Scott.jpg (55.4 KB, 13 views)