The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

Like Tree11358Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2012, 11:00 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What have you been tying today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swirlchaser View Post
The BlueFish are almost gone. Once they put their teeth away for the winter the feathers can come out to play I've tried alot of natural and synthetic materials but nothing moves quite like feathers in the water.
Click the image to open in full size.
Mist have missed this . Nice! Very eatable!

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by swirlchaser View Post
The BlueFish are almost gone. Once they put their teeth away for the winter the feathers can come out to play I've tried alot of natural and synthetic materials but nothing moves quite like feathers in the water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by planettrout View Post

CHIDING McGEE FLYMPH-Baetis Gray/Olive…TMC 101, #20 -#22…

PT/TB
Always enjoy seeing your work. I notice many of them have a bluish tinge coming off one of the materials. What is this material? Just curious .
mcnerney and sumojo like this.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 10-10-2012, 06:12 PM

planettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud of

The blue-ish light is from the overhead halogen bulb I use...the colors are a bit true -er in daylight, which I sometimes use...

UV 2 WD-50.5…TMC 2488, #18 – #22...

PT/TB

http://planettrout.wordpress.com/
Old 10-15-2012, 08:36 AM

planettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud of

GRAY HAZE CRIPPLE FALL/BAETIS…Wiese/Variant…Daiichi 1110, #18 – #20...

JUJU (UV 2) RS-2 EMERGER (Baetis, Gray/Olive)…Chung/Craven-Variant…Daiichi 1110, #18 – #22…

PT/TB
mcnerney, jpbfly and sumojo like this.

http://planettrout.wordpress.com/
Old 10-17-2012, 07:22 AM

flytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to behold

these were fabricated a while and need to be finished for next season

i just refound this site as i saw in the upper right corner that i joined in 2009. oh well better late than never!
mcnerney, kelkay, jpbfly and 2 others like this.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:09 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by flytire View Post
these were fabricated a while and need to be finished for next season

i just refound this site as i saw in the upper right corner that i joined in 2009. oh well better late than never!
Very nice paint work! Glad to have you posting, that is some incredible work.

Larry

Old 10-17-2012, 10:44 PM

tbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to behold

Somewhere between a bellyache and a dungeon;big articulated trout streamer.
deer hair head, rabbit back, marabou tail, 'wing & flash' body.

mcnerney, stl_geoff and sumojo like this.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:10 AM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

Addicted To Vise
Old 10-18-2012, 08:11 AM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future

So I finished a similar box for one friend I fish with and thought heck do another one for another guy I fish with....I must have been loco, I need to tie me some flies

Left Side of the box Bigger Nymphs, Pheasant Tails, Hot wire prince, Rainbow warrior, Winter Warrior (Thanks TB for the pattern). I want to try those red pheasant tails I tied there with CDC legs ( bottom right)

Right side, all smaller midges and such as Blue and Purple Poison Tungs, Tube midges, Tailwater Tiny's at the bottom, brassies and red copper johns in 18 (my tails suck on the copper johns)

In its entirety, my wife seems to think I should tie these and sell them on Craigslist. Even at $1.00 per fly and the box that is $300....dont know who would shell out that kind of coin (besides me)
jpbfly and sumojo like this.

"Snap it" Hank Patterson
Old 10-18-2012, 08:37 AM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

Took a small bite out of filling the winter box with some PTs in 18, a few caddis type in 16 and a variation of the Schenk's Minnow and a little fly I call the Bugger Picket (just a picket pin without the squirell wing) in 12. I still have a long ways to go to top off the boxes though.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:39 AM

tbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to behold

@avs:
I'm sure someone would pay that much. It would cost them $600 at a fly shop... Although not sure I would give up the time spent, unless you are really fast at tying.

Great looking tailwater box! looks like purple has been good to you, and glad to see some 'winter warriors' in there too. I'm curious to see how they do on the Blue, but I know they work on the front range. The rubber leg CJ's should be killer as well.

@s. fontinalis
Who would have guessed something called a 'sparkle maggot' could be so pretty?! Can't wait to have one! My swap flies will ship this afternoon.
sumojo likes this.