The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

Like Tree11700Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2012, 07:20 PM

grassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nice
Default Re: What have you been tying today?

Its too bad hes not in Bonefish country. That is good snook and red country though.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:23 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

No kidding. I'm wondering if we can swing a quick trip to the Keys, but the possible parallels to "The Hangover" are becoming too strong, so we may have to limit that one lest the fiancee be forced to end some lives...
stl_geoff likes this.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 11-13-2012, 07:32 PM

grassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nice

But think of bonefish, permit and TARPON. ive only seen permit. i may have caught a 3 inch permit but it may have been a pompano. Bonefish by god they make my heart race. Your casts turn to **** everything you know about fishing goes out the window and if you somehow convince it to bite youre in for a ride. tarpon bring a bigger rod
Old 11-13-2012, 08:15 PM

rccola712 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatortransplant View Post
At least for part of it he'll be fishing with me around the Sarasota area. Yeah, I'll be there for my wedding, but of course we'll be fishing as much as we can.
There was a small bass pond right beside where we got married this May. You better believe I was fishing right up until guests started to arrive. The wedding planner was freaking out, but it wasn't he wedding day!

Lately I've been working on some smaller and darker GRHE, as well as some zebra scuds that I hope will do well this winter! Hopefully I'll get some pics up soon.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:20 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

Keys would be awesome but if there is a good time to be had i used to throw down the party haha. Not sure if i can anymore though but hey we'll see. Im pretty jazzed about it though. It should be fun no matter what. Im sure that box will be full by Florida time.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 11-13-2012, 11:59 PM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl_geoff View Post
Here is a picture, Ive been getting ready for Florida end of year and Alabama next year.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8.../saltflies.jpg

I believe I spy an ArtBin box + Craft Store Foam Cliff's Beast clone.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:56 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

You would be correct!! I bought that box for i think 5 bucks, had the foam from other bigger versions of that box I had made so yeah, a couple of Skinny Water Culture stickers on the outside and it's all done.

AJ - lets go to Miami and look for peacocks

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 11-14-2012, 10:18 AM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

Quick and painless fly last night. Just to keep the vise ticking over, and i only had time for one.

Click the image to open in full size.
kelkay and thorsten like this.

Addicted To Vise
Old 11-14-2012, 11:23 AM

latshki has a spectacular aura aboutlatshki has a spectacular aura aboutlatshki has a spectacular aura about

Wheres the blind eye?!?!
lol great tie as usual
Old 11-14-2012, 11:32 AM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

Quote:
Originally Posted by latshki View Post
Wheres the blind eye?!?!
lol great tie as usual
I actually have some blind eye streamer hooks....

Addicted To Vise