The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

Like Tree12230Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2012, 11:33 AM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What have you been tying today?

Those rainbows were stunning. We only get little bitty stocked trout here in December. (middle of the month) One stocking, and that is all. You guys have it going on now...wow. Love that fly too.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:17 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

Hey Kelly isn't the Guadalupe in your neck of the woods? I remember watching a TU show about it way back a few years.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:43 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Getting ready for the stoneflies, I saw this pattern and had to give it a go.
It is with Bead Chain:

Click the image to open in full size.
Pocono, mcnerney, Jimmie and 7 others like this.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:56 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

Pretty wicked Joni, how's your neck doing?
Old 12-23-2012, 02:16 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Not so good, but thanks for asking.
Old 12-23-2012, 03:03 PM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold

It would be about a 7 hour drive for me to go there. I live way up in the north east part of TX. I am not sure that I trust my old truck to make it that far. But one day I'd love to go there. I am hoping to go to the Blue River in OK. It is much closer, but still far enough away that I have yet to make that trip. I have fished in Broken Bow, OK before. That would mean an out of state license. The fish there are NOTHING like the fish in the photos on this thread though. They look like monsters to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wt bash View Post
Hey Kelly isn't the Guadalupe in your neck of the woods? I remember watching a TU show about it way back a few years.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:06 PM

BUMMER!!! 7 hours! Don't know if I could handle Texas!

Finished up my sulphur Thorax Duns last night now I'm working my way into a dozen of these BWO Thorax Duns.

Last edited by wt bash; 12-23-2012 at 05:39 PM.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:23 PM

It is a huge state alright!
Old 12-23-2012, 05:45 PM

I crossed it a bunch of times along the northern half but never spent much time there. Too hot for my blood, but pretty up along the Oklahoma border.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:24 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni View Post
Getting ready for the stoneflies, I saw this pattern and had to give it a go.
It is with Bead Chain:

Nice pattern there, Joni!

How do you keep the tail fibers on the bead; epoxy?

Pocono