The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

Like Tree9850Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2013, 12:39 PM

planettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud of
Default Re: What have you been tying today?

Click the image to open in full size.

JUJU FLASH MIDGE - Craven/Variant - Gamakatsu C12-B, #18 - #20...

PT/TB
madjoni, jaybo41, sumojo and 1 others like this.

http://planettrout.wordpress.com/
Old 05-01-2013, 06:09 PM

romanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of light

Goddard Caddis (Tightiline Productions posted new DIY) so i tied few up.
all are sz.14 my first, which is back left also looks the biggest, is my fav one. not very easy to tie but not too difficult either.

jpbfly, madjoni, jaybo41 and 7 others like this.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:12 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by romanl View Post
Goddard Caddis (Tightiline Productions posted new DIY) so i tied few up.
all are sz.14 my first, which is back left also looks the biggest, is my fav one. not very easy to tie but not too difficult either.

I have not attempted the Goddard Caddis, but from the images I've seen of them, you nailed it. Nicely done
Old 05-01-2013, 07:23 PM

romanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of light

^^ thanks, yea this was my very first time tying flies where you bunch up deer hair like that, hardest part is just getting the right amount of hair for particular size fly. give it a try, its not too bad.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:40 PM

noreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by romanl View Post
^^ thanks, yea this was my very first time tying flies where you bunch up deer hair like that, hardest part is just getting the right amount of hair for particular size fly. give it a try, its not too bad.
Those look great. For some of your first deer hair flies..., rock on. Nice work around the head, I know those antenni can be tricky when tying off.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noreaster View Post
Those look great. For some of your first deer hair flies..., rock on. Nice work around the head, I know those antenni can be tricky when tying off.
actually antennas were easy,
i was actually having hard time Whip Finishing due to those antennas getting in a way
Old 05-02-2013, 02:12 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

The next two months is three major trips to three different lakes. All have their own personality, so I have been tying like crazy and still not done in preparing for all.
Here is a start:

Old 05-02-2013, 02:22 PM

jml43 is on a distinguished road

Its that time when I go out in the surf and catch some bluefish....
I had to tie up some surfcandy and some bobs bangers. they are the only two flies I seem to catch blues on..

hopefully I will be the only guy fly fishing for them. I love the look I get form the local guys when I am fly fishing by them....
Old 05-02-2013, 04:28 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jml43 View Post
Its that time when I go out in the surf and catch some bluefish....
I had to tie up some surfcandy and some bobs bangers. they are the only two flies I seem to catch blues on..
[

hopefully I will be the only guy fly fishing for them. I love the look I get form the local guys when I am fly fishing by them....
They'll eat pretty much anything but your definitely on the right track using synthetic materials for them. They destroy feathers and other natural materials.

Last edited by swirlchaser; 05-03-2013 at 01:23 PM.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:51 AM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Feels good to be tying big again

Fresh calamari anyone?
mcnerney and sumojo like this.