The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

Like Tree11755Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2013, 05:56 PM

noreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nice
Default Re: What have you been tying today?

Micro-bomber green machine variation on little scud hook. Tricky little fly to tie and clip. Patience.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 08-19-2013, 02:22 PM

planettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud of

TUNGSTEN G-STRING WORM - Ence - Daiichi 1120, #12...

Click the image to open in full size.[/B]

AJ TUNG CADDIS LARVAE - Daiichi 1130, #18...

PT/TB

http://planettrout.wordpress.com/
Old 08-20-2013, 10:12 AM

ted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to behold

Definitely NOT a midge

Double 6/0 musky fly

Old 08-20-2013, 03:33 PM

planettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud of

PACIFIC KING - Roy Patrick - Daiichi 1560, #18....

PT/TB

Old 08-22-2013, 04:20 AM

zinox is on a distinguished road

A lady perch "jig" fly, hopefully it will catch some nice perch when the water gets cold.

Last season i got my PB perch at 1875gram (4,13 pound) spinfishing a jig, this year we are going to try to get some on the fly. Already got a few on gurgles but they were only 10-12 oz

Hardyreels, mcnerney and ted4887 like this.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:45 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Wool Head Sculpins in olive & brown. These are a real diversion from my normal tying but they are also very effective for trout & steelhead here so............. Once I am finished I'll post photos of some.

I'm tying these Intruder style using a trailing Gamakatsu hook on 12 pound Dacron backing. I'm closing the barbs as I tie and that is a good thing because last night I really stuck myself in the left thumb (man those hooks are sharp!) I had to pull it with needle nose............. This articulated fly thing is tricky

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 08-22-2013, 08:39 PM

tbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to behold

First season of guiding has taken a toll on my nymph box especially.
Trying to catch up on Hare's ears, Copper John's, Princes, RS-2's, Micro-May's, caddis larva, etc.
PT, I like the glow midge larva, I've been doing one with pearl tinsel or just white/cream with olive wire. Guess that makes another use for the glo-bou!
mcnerney and jaybo41 like this.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:05 AM

quijibo has a spectacular aura aboutquijibo has a spectacular aura aboutquijibo has a spectacular aura about

Some more.
Feels good to be tying again although pretty much all I ever did before was wooly buggers.
ted4887 likes this.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:11 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

I've been tying some of Mike Schmidt's Meal tickets for a brown trout streamer swap...they are getting there. Ard is right, wool heads are a pain in the butt for never having done them.
ted4887 likes this.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 08-23-2013, 04:57 PM

OPAL GRAY RAY C. (Sowbug) - Daiichi 1100, #16 - #20...

PT/TB