The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

Like Tree10991Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2011, 03:46 PM

seajay will become famous soon enoughseajay will become famous soon enough
Default Re: What have you been tying today?

This is a little Red Fish Pattern I was shown. Not to elaborate.
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 12-23-2011, 04:18 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like a keeper. It's got a lil bit of shrimp/crayfish to it. Dumbbells to bounce along the bottom and just enough chartreuse to get noticed. I'm sure it's deadly on them.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:11 PM

la_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of light

Claret dabbler - an early attempt to learn how to cloak with Bronze mallard and improve proportions

Need to tie about 100 more to get it right

Old 12-23-2011, 07:22 PM

madjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to madjoni

Hi la jolla

Quote:
Originally Posted by la_jolla1 View Post

Need to tie about 100 more to get it right
No you dont,you made good fly except the wings.Just put more mallard flank for the wings.Use almost all feather ...

---------- Post added at 02:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 AM ----------

And dont get me wrong,I am not expert for Irish flies,but I do like them,did lot of them and get fish or two on them

Old 12-23-2011, 07:46 PM

gt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant future

I raise a glass to the Irish fly tying tradition and history!
Gary
Old 12-23-2011, 08:30 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

I second that motion! Slainte.

Addicted To Vise
Old 12-23-2011, 09:23 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

I hit the vise today after all the Holiday Honey-Do's were done and spun a few wets, a pair of Pink Ladys, a Leadwing Coachman, Dr Burke (minus the JC Santa knows) and some type of variant made from scraps. On 9306 #8s.
Old 12-23-2011, 09:31 PM

gt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant future

I am a huge fan of synthetic flash in wet/streamer/shrimp flies...but the Irish flies just don't need it. In the 1850's, Irish tyers were the first to start putting color into their flies (the "gaudy" fly), and to this day, they sure have a handle on atlantic salmon and trout flies!
Gary
Old 12-23-2011, 10:54 PM

planettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud of

BIOT BLUE KF TUNG MIDGE...#18-#22...

PT/TB

http://planettrout.wordpress.com/
Old 12-24-2011, 01:48 AM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold

Those Irish flies are SWEET. The rest posted on here are very nice as well.