The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

Like Tree9854Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2012, 07:26 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis
Default Re: What have you been tying today?

Thunder and Lightning 2/0 shipping tomorrow for the Married Wing Salmon Fly Swap
Click the image to open in full size.
kelkay and madjoni like this.

Addicted To Vise
Old 04-01-2012, 07:34 PM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold

I've got one word for you Eunan....KILLER.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:24 PM

planettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud of

OLIVE TUNGSTEN SHEAR NYMPH...TMC 2499 SP BL - #14 - #18

PT/TB
madjoni likes this.

http://planettrout.wordpress.com/
Old 04-03-2012, 08:53 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future

Some Brook Fins size 8. Used a cool app (vignette) on my phone for the aged image effect.

Addicted To Vise
Old 04-05-2012, 01:20 PM

planettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud of

FRANK’S FLASHY…OLIVE/PEACOCK VARIANT – Frank Drummond…TMC 2457, Daiichi 1120 – #14 – #18…

PT/TB

http://planettrout.wordpress.com/
Old 04-05-2012, 03:48 PM

smalliesrule has a spectacular aura aboutsmalliesrule has a spectacular aura aboutsmalliesrule has a spectacular aura about

You would think it's too early for grasshoppers...but the farmers are telling me their fields are already.....hoppin!
kelkay likes this.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:12 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I am making flies for one of the swaps here, Jock O' Dee salmon flies. The good news is that I'm keeping all the bad ones for myself This pattern is old and was originated for fishing salmon & sea trout in Europe but I found that it catches everything that swims in my rivers here. The new additions to my own boxes will be appreciated here and I hope the ones I mail in will be good for the others as they are for me.

The ones I'm making look similar to this old picture but I think they're a little neater. The one in the picture was torn apart last season, I still have it but there isn't much left on the hook

wt bash likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-05-2012, 07:52 PM

Love the Dee/spey flies Ard! Thinking to expand my repertoire to include tying these flies....prob won't look as good as yours though. Do you use schlappen or whiting spey hackle for the, well, hackle?

Addicted To Vise
Old 04-05-2012, 08:01 PM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold

Ard, that is a knock out!
Old 04-05-2012, 09:41 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Yeah, Ard, your flies were the ones that inspired to pick up salmon irons and start lashing feathers to them... in all honesty, between your work and a Kelly Galloup video on tying the sex dungeon, I'm pretty sure that's when I decided that I was going to start tying to begin with...

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...