The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

Like Tree8658Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2012, 07:26 AM

fire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What have you been tying today?

The YouTube for the Fritz Dabbler has been pulled-down by the user, for whatever reason... But the Fiery Brown Olive is an interesting SBS.

Some of these fly tiers make it look SO EASY!!!

"A leader with great passion and few skills always outperforms a leader with great skills and little passion." Chief Rick Lasky
Old 04-18-2012, 09:17 AM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold

I love these videos on these types of flies. It is such a shame about the other video being taken off. These flies are very interesting to me. So please keep them coming for a little bit longer. I am really enjoying them.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:19 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Here're some beadhead PT soft-hackles and some of the Double Standards as well, though the hare's guard-hairs got a bit lengthy on the first two...

Click the image to open in full size.
madjoni and gt05254 like this.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 04-20-2012, 08:15 AM

Simmo is on a distinguished road

Just finished this for a step by step I am doing.

kelkay and madjoni like this.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:27 PM

planettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud of

The "FLASHIES"...

PT/TB
Rip Tide, madjoni and dhayden like this.

http://planettrout.wordpress.com/
Old 04-20-2012, 01:46 PM

dhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to behold

PT - you're killing me! everytime I see some of your flies.. I'm adding more things to my to-do list.

What are the flies on the middle and bottom right? They look like very good PMD and Baetis nymphs
Old 04-20-2012, 02:26 PM

riverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really nice

With all of these beautiful flies everybody ties, I figured I'd post a few ugly ones.

Another articulated Clouser

River Craw with legs

They ain't pretty, but do catch fish.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:32 PM

planettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhayden View Post
PT - you're killing me! everytime I see some of your flies.. I'm adding more things to my to-do list.

What are the flies on the middle and bottom right? They look like very good PMD and Baetis nymphs
I'll come back and post the recipes for those two...basically, they are attractor patterns with "hot spots'...I will be using these on my laboratory - the East Walker River - in about three to four weeks...

PT/TB

http://planettrout.wordpress.com/
Old 04-21-2012, 11:10 AM

dhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by planettrout View Post
I'll come back and post the recipes for those two...basically, they are attractor patterns with "hot spots'...I will be using these on my laboratory - the East Walker River - in about three to four weeks...

PT/TB
Nice.. always liked the East Walker.. caught my first 20" on a dry there.. also the day I discovered trout have teeth

I'll be your MT lab.. lol
Old 04-21-2012, 04:01 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

a slightly better Thunder and Lightning than the last one. Still much to improve, but this one is for my 7 yo nephew so i'm sure he wont be able to see the shortcomings.

Addicted To Vise