The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

Like Tree11336Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2012, 05:39 PM

madjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to madjoni
Default Re: What have you been tying today?

Eunan,I am 37 and I cant see any shortcomings.
Old 04-22-2012, 01:55 PM

planettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhayden View Post
PT - you're killing me! everytime I see some of your flies.. I'm adding more things to my to-do list.

What are the flies on the middle and bottom right? They look like very good PMD and Baetis nymphs
Here 'ya go...

Click the image to open in full size.

FRANK’S FLASHY…OLIVE/PEACOCK VARIANT – Frank Drummond…

HOOK: TMC 2457 or Daiici 1120, #12 – #18

THREAD: UTC 70 Denier, Olive

TAIL: Green Pheasant Tail Fibers, 8-4, dependent on hook size

OVER ABDOMEN (BACK): Green Pheasant Tail Fibers

ABDOMEN: Peacock Krystal Flash

RIB: Wapsi wire, Olive Metallic, SM

THORAX: Peacock Ice Dub

HACKLING: 8-4 Strands Peacock KF, 4-4 Green PT Fibers – dependent on hook size

HOT SPOT: Datum Glo-Brite, # 12

BEAD: Black Tungsten, sized to hook

WHITE BEAD BROWN KF PT…

HOOK: TMC 100 SP BL, #14 – #20

THREAD: UTC 70 Denier, Brown or Black – to thorax

TAIL: Lemon Wood Duck Fibers

ABDOMEN: Brown Pheasant Tail Fibers

RIB: Wapsi wire, Fl. Yellow, SM or Chartreuse x-sm for # 18 – #20

THREAD: Tiemco 16/0, Black

WING CASE/LEGS: Black Krystal Flash or Black Midge Flash for # 18 – #20

THORAX: UV Ice Dub, Black

BEAD: White Dazzle Bead (Hareline) stuffed with lead sub., sized to hook

Anything else ???

PT/TB
kelkay, Simmo, madjoni and 1 others like this.

http://planettrout.wordpress.com/
Old 04-26-2012, 09:25 AM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

The bay anchovies have started to show themselves

Old 04-26-2012, 12:13 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

I got half my carp fly swap flies done, then last night i tied this large gnarly looking articulated thing that kinda might look like a sculpin that I plan to use at a rediculous place and catch a big brown with it.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 04-26-2012, 02:00 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

I like part II the best there Geoff, when do we get to see a photo?

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 04-26-2012, 03:13 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

As long as you dont mind a desktop cell phone picture from work, here it is;

Lots of sculpin and aggresive browns in the river Im going to be throwing it into. Yes there are 2 #2 hooks in that thing

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 04-26-2012, 03:19 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Great coloration on that, like a monster sex dungeon (which has seen great success for me in the area). I feel like I should pray to Kelly Galloup whenever I go fishing with streamers...

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 04-26-2012, 03:22 PM

haha yeah. Its like a sexy dungeon without the rubber legs. I need to paint some eyeballs on the lead too. I got some eyes at the store today so im going to tie a couple others, maybe some brown/olive combos as well.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 04-26-2012, 07:22 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl_geoff View Post
haha yeah. Its like a sexy dungeon without the rubber legs. I need to paint some eyeballs on the lead too. I got some eyes at the store today so im going to tie a couple others, maybe some brown/olive combos as well.
Geoff: Great looking streamer, I love the coloration. I can just see some monster Brown hammering that......good luck!

Old 04-27-2012, 08:35 AM

Thanks, Im going to tie a brown/tan/olive version as well and see what I can come up with.

Storm Drain Bonefisher