The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

Like Tree10976Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2012, 07:19 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of
Default Re: What have you been tying today?

Nice flies guys! Laurie, that Gold Zulu looks like something that steelhead might take a liking to as well...

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 09-16-2012, 05:44 AM

madjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to madjoni

Something for huchen

Click the image to open in full size.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
mcnerney, kelkay, darwin and 2 others like this.
Old 09-16-2012, 12:16 PM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjoni View Post
Something for huchen

Yea, um, you aren't gonna get by with just posting a picture of that fly. We are gonna need an SxS or at the very minimum a recipe and general notes.

Very nice fly.
Old 09-16-2012, 12:35 PM

madjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud of

ok ok mudbug ,I will tell you

It is not that difficult.Have some work to be done but it is simple.
After securing hook in vice you have to add tail,made with some flash,add strong wire,golden in this case,make body with some thick thread,add wings made of 4 long saddle hackles,secure them with wire,add partidge feathers to imitate front fins and make the head with deer hair and that is it.O, body is protected with epoxy.That is boring part

kelkay, swirlchaser and mudbug like this.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:46 AM

laurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to behold

Just finished some new patterns to use on Sheelin next month
claret leggy bumble
golden olive leggy bumble
sooty leggy bumble
golden daddy
kelkay, paymaster, wt bash and 1 others like this.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:43 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

MJ, that is a pretty effective-looking sculpin pattern, hope you land some monsters with it! Laurie, awesome flies as usual! Are those dyed golden pheasant tips as the collars on the first three? How do you go about getting them spaced and flared like that?

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 09-17-2012, 08:53 AM

planettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud of

A box stuffed with the new UV 2 fly tying materials from SPIRIT RIVER...

...I put the Guardian on it....

PT/TB
mcnerney, kelkay, madjoni and 1 others like this.

http://planettrout.wordpress.com/
Old 09-17-2012, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatortransplant View Post
MJ, that is a pretty effective-looking sculpin pattern, hope you land some monsters with it!
Thanks AJ I had one huchen on it but I couldnt set the hook.I mean I tried,twice,but it simply wouldnt move because fish was too big
Anyway I am more into Kelly Galoup style this season and this babies work good for trout

Old 09-17-2012, 10:36 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

Anybody got any Cress Bug patterns they'd like to share? I tied up some Hump's Cress Bugs but I'd like to see what else is out there.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:26 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

OOOOOOOO thats a good looking fly there, i might have to tie a couple of those up tonight. my big brown hunting starts next month

Storm Drain Bonefisher