The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

Like Tree8606Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2011, 01:10 AM

lancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of light
Default What have you been tying today?

Just so we can keep up with each other and this addictive habit.
What are you working on today?
Me: I knocked out a couple small decievers, a slew of Y2K bugs, and worked on trying to adapt a "hornberg special" to match what I have to tie with... and some ultrawire worms.

Feel free to post pictures, I would but do not have a camera.

Happy Tying!
Old 01-06-2011, 01:38 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: What have you been tying today?

Sounds like you are busy, I haven't tied since last week. I am still waiting for a new supply of feathers to reach me from the UK. I figure when they come in I'll make some new flies for this spring.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 01-06-2011, 07:19 AM

tyler185 is just really nicetyler185 is just really nicetyler185 is just really nicetyler185 is just really nice

Just tied up some stimmys last night!
Old 01-06-2011, 07:39 AM

ghostdncr has a spectacular aura aboutghostdncr has a spectacular aura about

Developing a trico-type pattern over here in the #20-24 range. Trying to match an unidentified insect spotted last weekend. It was driving the trout crazy!

the764
Old 01-06-2011, 08:58 AM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of

Had 4 left over tungsten cones in a hook size 10 so I tied them up into #10 Rusty Slumpbusters. They look yummy.

Yat's Blog: http://pleinaircolorado.blogspot.com/
Old 01-06-2011, 03:08 PM

Jimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud of

Today- I'm going to tie some #16 Butch Caddis after I barr some rubber legs.
Yesterday-4 #10 Doc's Twin Lake Specials (2 olive; 2 brown original).
Ea. day before that-#18 Biot Rusty Spinners; #24 Disco Midges, #24 Tiger Midges.
*Tied the Rusty Spinners to make myself learn how to split microfibbet tails that have always driven me up the wall.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:55 PM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold

I have been attempting to tie Salmon flies. Still new at it, and still need a ton of practice.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:39 PM

lancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of light

This evening I tied up a small army of size 18 Micro eggs, not pretty but they work.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:17 PM

wovenstonefly has a spectacular aura aboutwovenstonefly has a spectacular aura about

Finished up some trailer trash flies for a swap on another site
Click the image to open in full size.
trout333, chased and thorsten like this.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:54 AM

ChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud of

Ive been at it with some salmon flies, now that Im 15min from a salmon river Ill have too start fishing them

there was some purple and blacks (low and dirty water), a blue dee , white ghost, and some baby crays for the swap

Chris

The New Zealand Flysite

"the fight is for habitait. Once its continuation is assured the fish will largely look after themselves." KD