The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2011, 02:53 PM

7ofclubs is on a distinguished road
Default Easy way to tie glo bug egg patterns

I posted this on Utah on the Fly and someone suggested I post it here.

I always had trouble tying glo bugs. I saw a tool for tying them but couldn't find the tool anywhere so I improvised. Not only do my eggs come out perfect everytime but it saves on material too.

the link is

hope its useful to you

-=7ofclubs=-
Old 01-21-2011, 03:11 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Easy way to tie glo bug egg patterns

Very cool idea. I couldn't see how you fished it though . Might be my ipod.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:37 PM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

Very nice 7ofclubs. Thank you for doing that. Welcome to this forum, and hope that you stick around.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:07 AM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly

Alot of people seem to have trouble with eggs. I just use this quick simple method and its so quick and fast and works great!! also you can divide different colored yarns together and do the same thing and you got a clown type egg or just add a small red piece on top and you got a blood dot! they work for great steelies in my area! #1 fly! and you use so little of yarn that if they get messed up on the stream after a few fish you can just cut off the yarn and tie another on the same hook when you get home! my box is filled with these! in all colors!! oregon cheese works great in my area. everyones got their own way of tying these tho! welcome to the forum! oh and a good tip is too use a good pair of sharp scissors!!

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.