The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2009, 10:53 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who is here!!!

John from Plain City, Utah.
Been playing this game since I was 13 or so.
Tied off and on for about the same, don't do it nearly enough.
Fish mainly Idaho, Wyoming, Utah, and Big Wonderful Montana.
I have become addicted to throwing Streamers.
Married to a "Flyfishing Junkie". During the year I can be found rowing her down the river but that's ok, I wouldn't have it any other way.

By the way Brent I put your hooks in the mail today. Thanks again.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 06-09-2009, 08:37 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

Dan from Monroe, MI...Started playing with the fly rod when I was 12, so I guess that's 43 years; man, am I old. Started tying a little in college; got into it a little more as the years went by. When I started steelhead fishing I really got into it. Overall I have to say I have been tying for at least 30 years.

Dan
Old 06-09-2009, 09:13 AM

aroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura about

Glad to know you both....

Thanks for the hooks Bud......need any peacock herl?

"As The deer Thirts For Water, I thirst for you Oh Lord"

North Woods Wanderings
Adventure into the North Woods.......

"Aroostook Flyers and Tyers"
Old 06-09-2009, 10:42 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Actually I have plenty of herl, thanks though.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 06-09-2009, 11:08 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

My name is Ard,
I got a fly tying kit for my birthday 41 years ago.
I have been fishing for 46 years.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 06-09-2009, 11:29 AM

jcl is on a distinguished road

Justin
Now it Charlottesville, VA, originally from Bedford, PA.
Been fly fishing for about 17 years, although I took about 5 years off from it -- the stupidest thing I've ever done.
Started tying a few months after I started fishing, but have been doing it less the past few years.
Fish for trout, bass, and panfish, and esp. love brook trout and smallies. I'm open to catching anything, though (and have done other sorts of fishing with spinning gear).
Old 06-10-2009, 09:49 AM

aroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura about

Good to see you both.......glad to meet you.

Who else lurks about but has not yet posted.........come introduce yourself.

North Woods Wanderings

Old 06-10-2009, 10:41 AM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Great thread!

I've been tying since i was about 7 and got a Herter's Kit for Christmas and a fly tying book by Helen Shaw (a great book, but she didn't use new fangled high tech stuff like bobbins).

No one in the family fished, and being a city kid in the middle of Brooklyn, not sure where the bug came from-- perhaps the fishing segments with Curt Gowdy on Wide World of Sports, and an old fishing show on TV - Gadabout Gaddis- who'd plop down in his float plane every week to fish some exotic piece of water for something or other.

So been fishing and tying for about 50 years.

Mostly SW now, with not near enough trips for freshwater stuff as I'd like.

Trying to get better with classic Catskill type dries and softhackles at the moment in part to "justify" buying all the bits of fluff I've bought over the years and actually make a dent in some of the materials

mark
Old 06-10-2009, 11:09 AM

Thanks for sharing........

Joni...frank...Cliff??????????

North Woods Wanderings

Old 06-10-2009, 01:58 PM

halo7b is on a distinguished road

Halo7b (Jim)
SE Mi
started tying a few years ago, took some classes this past winter and now they stay together for more than one fish.

been throwing line for 23 years now, and have not thrown a gear rod in almost 10.