The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Great Lakes Region

Great Lakes Region Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2009, 05:14 PM

smallieman will become famous soon enoughsmallieman will become famous soon enough
Default Man I miss the Dupage!!! report 7/27/09

Went out with my new shades and new fishing shirt I got when I was on vacation. I was looking super good... lol any who. It was hot out so I decied to wet wade b/c I was lazy and didn't want to bother with my wader. So I headed out on the water for about 2 hours and had a very good day. I had my usual 20 or so rock bass and a bunch of dink smallies. Then I started to stalk this huge smallie and I was stripping back my fly and WHAMMMMM this thing took my streamer and bolted... I **** you not I was down to my backing on my fly line... I never had a fish fight like this. He was very into jumping and I had a feeling I was going to loose him but I didn't and landed it... nothing like looking at a fish 20 or so yards away jumping out of the water... Man I love the Dupage...

Click the image to open in full size.

Sight fishing for the big one...

and here she is

I would say about a 20 incher... Healthy fishing very strong
Old 07-27-2009, 05:42 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Man I miss the Dupage!!! report 7/27/09

smallieman: Nice fish! Thanks for posting. Sounds like you had a battle on your hands landing that big guy!

Larry
Old 07-27-2009, 06:34 PM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

Nice job smallieman....That's a very nice fish...Nice pics too...

Dan
Old 10-28-2009, 07:24 PM

ryananderson is on a distinguished road

thats a nice fish last time i was there i caught one about 2 lbs and a 2 lbs catfish