The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Great Lakes Region

Great Lakes Region Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2011, 07:45 AM

LenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to behold
Default The Snapper Photo Is Always A Crowd Pleaser

Click the image to open in full size.

The kids in Muscoda yesterday let out a hoot when the snapper photo came out.

Lots of kids just need a push to get out from in front of their computers and game stations. The outdoors is calling!
Old 03-24-2011, 08:21 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Snapper Photo Is Always A Crowd Pleaser

Len: Very cool, anything we can do to get kids outside is a great step forward!

Larry

Larry
Old 03-24-2011, 08:44 AM

ausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenHarris View Post

The kids in Muscoda yesterday let out a hoot when the snapper photo came out.

Lots of kids just need a push to get out from in front of their computers and game stations. The outdoors is calling!
Much agreed...Video game and computer addictions are for real; My wife is a professional counselor and they have had many discussions about "virtual addictions", and the sedentary lifestyle that accompanies them in the Master's program that she just finished. I'm considering being a complete OGRE and not letting my newborn ever own a game console.

That's a big snapper! It has been a while since I've been to BPS in Springfield, but the one there was named JAWS and I think they said he was 50 yrs old? How big is that guy?
Old 03-24-2011, 09:00 AM

LenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to behold

about 30 pounds...

did research on snapper.

20 pounds roughly equated to 20 years old.

Also didn't know how to tell what sex they were.

I know now.

Males have fatter tails at base and their waste disposal unit is down the tail

a ways unlike the female's that is near the base of the tail.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:17 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Len,

Thanks for sharing your good work.

That photo reminds me of a when I was working on Bocas Del Toro, an island off of the Panama coast. The only thing to eat in the local restaurant was wild rabbit or sea turtle. I was talking to the fisherman who brought in the big turtles because I wanted to go fishing. I asked about his boat and it was a dug out canoe. That surprised me and I wanted to know how do you get a turtle weighing 400 pounds plus into his boat. His answer was he sunk the boat and floated the turtle over the boat and then bailed out the boat and climbed aboard.

Frank
Old 03-24-2011, 10:58 AM

Love to see their reactions when I put the spider and snake photos up.
Old 03-24-2011, 01:24 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Len!
What did we ever do for fun when we were kids and didn't have computers and video games? Those were some good ol' days!

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm probably wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

http://www.wasatchguideservice.com/

Old 03-24-2011, 04:17 PM

rangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Len: Very cool, anything we can do to get kids outside is a great step forward!

Larry
Try throwing the XBox out the window . . .
"Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn." ~Chuck Clark
Old 03-26-2011, 07:19 AM

warm and fuzzy comes next.

Old 03-26-2011, 06:54 PM

Wild Bergamot...Factoid: Was used long ago by native americans in a paste form to cure acne.
Prickly Ash Berries..Factoid: Was used by native americans to soothe tooth aches and for teething babies.