The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Great Lakes Region

Great Lakes Region Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2010, 08:27 PM

LenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Life Is Good

Click the image to open in full size.
Bruce Ristow and I went out today for 2 hours. Bruce showed me some water on a stream
I already fished. Upstream a ways. I had fished the area 3 years ago and dismissed the
area as too shallow and narrow for good fishing.

The last two floods had carved out some nice holes and the beavers also helped our cause.
The blue bells are in full bloom. The below flower is unknown to me but beautiful.
It was Bruce's area so it was appropriate that Bruce caught the 2 biggest trout.
I lost a brown almost this long just before Bruce landed this one.
We saw 5 brook trout over 14 inches and were stunned to see a pair around 17 inches follow one of Bruce's retrieves.
Bruce's big brookie of the outing wouldn't hold still long enough for a good close up.

We both landed over 25 trout each in 2 hours.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:03 PM

troutbum17 is on a distinguished road

spinner,
where is this water, seems to be amazing fishing, keep the pics coming, loooks like youre havin a great time(or at least it would be a great time for me
Old 04-25-2010, 10:19 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Len: Very good fishing report and some great looking photos! Thanks for sharing.

Larry