The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Great Lakes Region

Great Lakes Region Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2010, 06:28 PM

LenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to behold
Default Life Is Good

Fished with a friend yesterday and this morning. I let him have holes first and gave him pointers on where to cast and what to use. His wife revoked his "Man Pass" at noon today and I was left to flounder and trudge through the snow alone this afternoon. 37 trout later and my legs are really tired and my back is killing me I am happy and satisfied. Very good opening weekend.

Click the image to open in full size.

Life is good.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:48 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Life Is Good

Len: Life is indeed good, sounds like you had a fantastic outing! Congrats and the photo was great!

Larry
Old 03-08-2010, 12:38 AM

simmons_j_m is on a distinguished road

A beauty of a fish... congrats and thanks for sharing your experience... I can't wait to get back out on the water now!

- Justin
Old 03-08-2010, 05:21 PM

LenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to behold

rain and warm temps are forecasted for my area so went out for 2 hours today....12 to hand.

The rain and overnight temps above freezing will cause some serious run off.

Old 03-08-2010, 05:24 PM

sandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to behold

Must be nice, I'm stuck tying a few thousand flies and doing stuff here to get ready for opening weekend. Nice fish by the way.
N.J.B.B.A. #2215

I did not escape.....they gave me a day pass!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing Gillie..
Old 03-14-2010, 04:59 PM

Andy Kurth and I fished today. The major rain and runoff made it hard to find clean water today.

We had to do some serious searching for clean water but it paid off and we fished a nice long stretch.
We both got about a dozen to hand. We each lost about another dozen.
The trout just weren't hitting it. They were timid and only rolling on it or mouthing it.
Andy and I each caught one brookie and the rest were browns.
Some were right up in the fast water. The water temp was 48.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:40 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Len: I enjoyed your fishing report and the photos were great! Good to see you get out and have such a great day on the water!

Larry
Old 03-15-2010, 04:07 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Len,

Thanks for sharing your pleasure. It is getting so I know that stream from your pictures. As Molly once said to Fibber, You are a lucky man McGee.

Frank
Old 03-16-2010, 03:14 PM

Fished with my friend Bruce Ristow this morning. He talked me in to going to an area with lunker structures. I dislike lunkers and did not expect much and I was not surprised when we caught 6 trout between us in the silted in made made Petting Zoos.
We changed locations and went after some tiny stream brookies. We each caught about 15.
Stopped in on the way home at one of my favorite streams and picked another 15 or so.
None were big and the stream is know for the light colored browns.
66 degrees here today and bright sun. Stream temps were 48 and 54
Old 03-18-2010, 01:47 PM

Fished with my buddy Bruce for 4 hours this morning.
Early the action was slow due to cold water. Water temp was 38.
When the sun came up we did better in shallow slow areas with
the sun warming the water. We each had approximately 15 to hand.