The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Great Lakes Region

Great Lakes Region Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2010, 10:46 AM

rmooney is just really nicermooney is just really nicermooney is just really nicermooney is just really nice
Default First trout of the season!

I finally got out to one of the many local streams, and had some luck!

The fly I caught it on was actually the blood head bugger from peregrines (i believe) from the woolly bugger swap!

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:50 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: First trout of the season!

Nice catch, that one's been around for awhile, maybe since it was just an egg in the gravel. I base that on the good color and the white stripes on the pelvic fins.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:28 PM

rmooney is just really nicermooney is just really nicermooney is just really nicermooney is just really nice

it was a really good looking fish. Its the darkest brown Ive caught, very cool fish. It jumped a lot too, which was fun the water temp should hit 10 degrees C soon, and when that happens, the fishing will be on for sure. I saw some huge fish next to this guy, but they wouldnt bit anything i gave them.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:48 PM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

Nice fish. There were some nice buggers in that swap, huh. Can't wait to try some of mine.