The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Great Lakes Region

Great Lakes Region Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2011, 12:03 PM

driftlessman is on a distinguished road
Default An early may report.

Been fishing quite a bit lately, with less fishing in the early season, due to poor home stream conditions, Me and my fishing pal Matt were pumped to hit the stream.Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
Facebook

Last edited by mcnerney; 05-19-2011 at 10:24 PM.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:18 PM

Default Re: An early may report.

Help with pictures?
Old 05-15-2011, 08:32 PM

ghost_reaper is on a distinguished road

Your problem is that your trying to post a picture from facebook. Facebook put on security so that you cannot share the photos.

I use photobucket.com. It's a free site you can store photos on. I store my fishing, kids and other event photos on here for free. It's easy to share the photos.

I'm sure there's a way to fix this, however I do like messing with the privacy settings in facebook.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:13 PM

diamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to all

I use imgur: the simple image sharer

You can just upload the pictures from your computer and then it will host them and give you a link to the picture you can post here. It has fewer features than photobucket, but its a bit quicker and easier if you're just throwing up pictures for the forums.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:21 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I use Photobucket, once they are in there it doesn't get much easier. Since you seem savvy I won't bother telling you how it works but the results are simple to post.

[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]

Hope you can get them up and open soon, kinda waiting to see them now

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 05-16-2011, 05:33 PM

ausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to behold

I'm waiting also...You have such pretty little browns out there. The only trip I had planned there got rained out...more like MONSOONED. The time rolled around and there was no fishing weather in sight for my days off. It was 100% chance of rain every day on top of already swollen flows. I'm looking forward to getting there; maybe this year. Since that's your home waters, Ill have to hit you up for a little "driftless 101" if you wouldn't mind sharing. Photobucket really is simple to use if you don't mind opening an account. I don't know of any other ways to get pics on here.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:26 PM

I'll try to post guys! And yeah, Well in the typical driftless streams there are alot of browns, but in my home stream all we have is nice looking brookies..,occasional brown now and then in the fall though.

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

All right, well I tried....again! And yet it still shows that dumb little picture icon or whatever you wish to call it. So once I have it to flikr, I just click on the insert image icon on this forum, and then copy paste the url from the adress bar, into the insert image deal? VERY CONFUSED.

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

Old 05-19-2011, 10:51 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Something is amiss with your links, I did an edit on your post so I could go in and copy the URL. I then backed out without saving and tried to do a reply and then used the little yellow icon above the text area to post your photo but it never shows correctly. Here is what I mean:

You might try posting your photo oh photobucket and giving it another try.

Larry

Old 05-21-2011, 08:50 PM

Brookie from tonight

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

Finally figured out the picture thing.
Heres some brookies from this past week.