The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Great Lakes Region

Great Lakes Region Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2011, 02:46 PM

erikthue is on a distinguished road
Default Musky Country

Hey All Great Lakes Region Anglers!
Anyone out there do any musky on the fly? Well as you may know, Wisconsin's Musky Opener is right around the corner (memorial weekend). Well if your planning on heading out good luck, grip n rip it, and tight lines. I also wanted to inform anyone that is interested; if you missed the Fly Fishing Film Tour in Mpls, your in luck! Here at Musky Country Outfitters we will be showing the film tour films the night before musky wisco opener, on may 27th located at the Sawmill Saloon, off of 63 and 00. The doors will be opening at 5pm and showing begins at 7pm. Tickets will be sold at the door for $12 a head. There will be some great films including the Musky Country Outfitters film Zero 2 Hero.

Also, if there are any fly anglers in the great lakes area that would like to experience musky country and have the chance to catch the illusive musky on the fly. Not only do we not specialize in float trips for musky, we also chase a variety of game fish with the fly that is readily available such as smallmouth bass, northern pike, walleye and some great trout fishing. Musky Country is located out of Hayward, WI; 20 miles East at Boulder Lodge. The area is rich with diverse wildlife and various recreations. This is a great opportunity to come out with Musky Country Outfitters experience the fly fishing whether its a walk and wade or float trip for musky on the fly.
If you interested and would like to know more or have any questions about musky fly fishing feel free to email me at
onthefly22@gmail.com
Thanks
Erik
Old 05-20-2011, 01:04 PM

sandman22 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Musky Country

Eric...great stuff! I am going to be coming through your neck of the woods next Thursday on my way up for some smallies on the Big Bay, and then some local stream trout fishing for a couple days. I was hoping to wet a fly or two on some of your local water for the day...you mind if I drop you a quick email?
Old 05-21-2011, 07:31 AM

erikthue is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Musky Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman22 View Post
Eric...great stuff! I am going to be coming through your neck of the woods next Thursday on my way up for some smallies on the Big Bay, and then some local stream trout fishing for a couple days. I was hoping to wet a fly or two on some of your local water for the day...you mind if I drop you a quick email?
Great man, yah why dont you drop me a email... My Musky Country Email is not up n running yet, but your more than welcome to email me at my Gmail Account. Which is onthefly22@gmail.com, message me on the forum here, i know i will view the gmail account more often. Talk to ya soon!
Erik