The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Great Lakes Region

Great Lakes Region Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2011, 07:18 AM

LenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to behold
Default Quad Slam?

Click the image to open in full size.

Anyone ever catch all "four" trout species in the same day?
Old 08-19-2011, 07:42 AM

chi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Quad Slam?

Yes. But the four defined will be different in different parts of the country. In PA I've caught Brook, Rainbow, Brown and "Palimino" trout. In the Driftless, Brown, Brookie, Rainbow and Tiger.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:15 AM

LenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to behold

I have done the Wisconsin Driftless Quad Slam ONCE.

---------- Post added at 08:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 AM ----------

Very rare to be able to do on the same stream.

I had to switch streams to complete the QUAD.

The bow was the last one caught in the same day

on a different stream.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:35 AM

chi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenHarris View Post
I have done the Wisconsin Driftless Quad Slam ONCE.

---------- Post added at 08:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 AM ----------

Very rare to be able to do on the same stream.

I had to switch streams to complete the QUAD.

The bow was the last one caught in the same day

on a different stream.

Only done it once as well... also had to switch streams to do it. Ironically, the brood stock 'bow was the first of the day... the Tiger was the last and the only natural Tiger I've ever caught. I should post a picture. It was absolutely stunning. There was a stream I used to fish in PA called Yellow Creek that had stocked tigers... but they don't count
Old 08-19-2011, 08:40 AM

i love seeing tiger photos.
Please post it.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:56 AM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute

Len, I've done it on the South Fork of the Snake River, but there are no brookies there. I caught bows, browns, cutts and cutt/bow hybrids, along with whitefish to achieve the South Fork Slam.

Kelly.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:55 AM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi flyfisher View Post
Only done it once as well... also had to switch streams to do it. Ironically, the brood stock 'bow was the first of the day... the Tiger was the last and the only natural Tiger I've ever caught. I should post a picture. It was absolutely stunning.
Here's your Tiger Chi. Wish I had seen them before they were released. As you may recall, I was too far downstream for the Tiger, too far upstream for the Bow. Beautiful fish, both of them!

Got one slam here in PA with the Golden Trout or Palimino never landed a Tiger. Hoping to change that on a future trip with you Chi.

Old 08-19-2011, 01:51 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybo41 View Post
Here's your Tiger Chi. Wish I had seen them before they were released. As you may recall, I was too far downstream for the Tiger, too far upstream for the Bow. Beautiful fish, both of them!

Got one slam here in PA with the Golden Trout or Palimino never landed a Tiger. Hoping to change that on a future trip with you Chi.

Thats a healthy lookin rainbow. And a beautful tiger too, which is next on my 'to catch list' since i ticked off brookie this year

Addicted To Vise