The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Great Lakes Region

Great Lakes Region Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2011, 07:10 AM

LenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to behold
Default Another Sunset On A Wisconsin Small Stream Trout Season

Click the image to open in full size.

Today is the last day of season. I planned on sitting this one out. My left knee is swollen and my back.....It hurts.

Both will feel better as soon as I have a nice trout on the end of my line. I have 5 months to recuperate during

closed season.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:18 AM

latshki has a spectacular aura aboutlatshki has a spectacular aura aboutlatshki has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Another Sunset On A Wisconsin Small Stream Trout Season

I hate the off season, I always find my self watching WFN while crying, eating a tub of the most expensive ice cream I can find... but seriously it sucks.

Have fun, hopefully you have a vise to sit at to keep ya going
Old 09-30-2011, 07:50 AM

kwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to all

The end of one season and the beginning of another!

I find myself counting the final days of twenty eleven that the Smallmouth fishing will be worth a darn, but with the end of that, brings Lake Trout, Lake Run Brown Trout and Steelhead...
Old 09-30-2011, 09:21 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Len: Great sunset photo, we don't have a closed season here, other than mother nature freezing things over but that shouldn't happen for another couple months.

Larry

Old 09-30-2011, 10:25 AM

latshki has a spectacular aura aboutlatshki has a spectacular aura aboutlatshki has a spectacular aura about

you lucky ducks, wish there was something to fish up here in the cold months, but I guess it's an excuse to go down south for some bone fish

up here trout season is april 15 - september 15
salmon is june 1 - september 15 but some waters are open until the 30th of november

so it's a long, cold, and sad winter
Old 09-30-2011, 10:51 AM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute

Len, I know I used to rub it in about your season ending and mine never ending. I guess that has come around a bit me this year as I haven't had a season, what set out as simple ankle reconstruction surgery almost two years ago has resulted in a nightmare of failed and failing procedures which robbed me of any season this year. So, I'm eating my words and feeling your pain - literally. I hope your recovery is total and complete and that you'll be back at it with gusto next year. Thanks for all of your posts, pics, recipes and anecdotes. You've got some incredible talent and many of us are grateful that you've shared it with us.

Click the image to open in full size.

To sunsets and sunrises, may we each have many, many more to come.

Kelly.