The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Great Lakes Region

Great Lakes Region Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2011, 01:23 PM

LenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to behold
Default Buddy Floren Lost "Giant" Brown

Click the image to open in full size.

About 10am we came up on this hole. I have been letting Floren have most of the holes first.

Floren placed himself at the bottom left of the photo and cast up to the fast water on the left side....right where that little node sticks out. I was standing behind him about 2 steps up the bank. Floren finished his retrieve and was lifting out of the water ........

It happened in slow motion. I saw a little movement near the end of Floren's retrieve. Then there was this large white thing in the water. It was the trout opening its mouth. The fish slammed it about 15 feet in front of us. Floren set the hook and fish came to the surface for an instance and turn and out it popped. The line flew over Floren's shoulder and off went the biggest small stream brown I have ever seen lost. This female brown rivals Joe Chadwick's Once In A Lifetime Trout.

Floren and I sat down and regrouped. Floren was still swearing. Floren needed to sit because his legs were shaking and noodle like. We sat there for 30 minutes hoping the trout might calm down and forgot about us and feed again.

It did not.

I may go back after this fish at dusk tonight.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:32 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buddy Floren Lost "Giant" Brown

I thought you were too banged up to fish again this year??? Ahhh the curative powers of big brown trout.

How long do you think the fish was Len?

Dave
Old 09-30-2011, 01:49 PM

LenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to behold

minimum...28 inches
I am taking my daughter when she gets of school and go after it at dusk.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:07 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget the camera and flash bulbs.

Dave
Old 09-30-2011, 07:08 PM

Took the neighbor boyz with me tonight.

The 11 year old was first up to bat and he had such a hard hit it
nearly pulled the rod out of his hand. He was so startled he failed to set the hook.

We fished for another 25 minutes and no more bites.

I have caught lots of big fish.
I wanted to share with the boyz.

I had to do short straw to see who was up first. WD the 11 year old was up first.

His bothers really dogged him for being a deer in the headlights and failing to set the hook.

Live and learn.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:13 PM

latshki has a spectacular aura aboutlatshki has a spectacular aura aboutlatshki has a spectacular aura about

great stuff letting him take the first go
I'm sure you'll get the brute some time!