The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Great Lakes Region

Great Lakes Region Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2011, 08:23 AM

LenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to behold
Default Read This Hole???

You are walking up on this hole in early season Wisconsin.

Why does your heart flutter and you smile when you see this hole.

The numbers should be clues.

WHY???

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:13 PM

kayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to all
Default Re: Read This Hole???

Hungry fish as the ice thaws?
Old 10-18-2011, 01:48 PM

latshki has a spectacular aura aboutlatshki has a spectacular aura aboutlatshki has a spectacular aura about

undercut bank? and two holes = more fish
Old 10-18-2011, 03:40 PM

diamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to all

The undercut bank and the tree root system will make perfect lunker structure. And there's some great slack water between the two. Plus, its on the sunny side of the creek, so you might see better hatches if its a rocky bottom.

It'd be even better if there's a riffle around the corner upstream to wash out the early season black stoneflies that get the trout moving in when there's snow on the ground.

How'd I do?
Old 10-18-2011, 03:57 PM

LenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to behold

anyone see the small stream feeding in?
Old 10-18-2011, 04:22 PM

gt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant future

ME! ME! I DID! I DID!!! But I was too busy trying to think up something funny to say about the Wisconsin DNR putting numbers up on streams so cheeseheads would know where to fish to say anything!
Gary
Old 10-18-2011, 05:54 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt05254 View Post
ME! ME! I DID! I DID!!! But I was too busy trying to think up something funny to say about the Wisconsin DNR putting numbers up on streams so cheeseheads would know where to fish to say anything!
Gary
LOL...Now that's funny.

Dave
Old 10-18-2011, 06:09 PM

latshki has a spectacular aura aboutlatshki has a spectacular aura aboutlatshki has a spectacular aura about

well apparently I'm blind...
I have a pool like that on one of my favorite rivers, produces great fish and it's cool to be able to visually see the water coming out of the spring

also nice on those hot summer days for a fresh drink
Old 10-18-2011, 08:37 PM

diamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenHarris View Post
anyone see the small stream feeding in?
I couldn't tell if that was a feeder or not, due to that down tree strategically placed in your photo. I assumed it was just a pocket of slack water since they're more common.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:28 AM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

yeah len,
the feeder stream was my first observation.
that is a great looking stretch of water you have there

casey

ARFE