The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Great Lakes Region

Great Lakes Region Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2011, 11:54 AM

benjaminrogers is on a distinguished road
Default New on Board

My name is Ben and I'm newly addicted to Fly Fishing. I've actually only been out once but got hooked. My girlfriend and I live in Central Ohio and are always looking for other fisherman/woman in the area to hookup with out there.

We are kayakers and waders at this point and hope to possibly float tube in the future. While I'll never give up fishing for bass with ye ole pig n jig, I have truly fallen in love with the art of fly fishing.

We're planning to head to Mad River or Mohican in two weeks. Any suggestions, comments or anyone that wants to come along are welcome!!
Old 10-31-2011, 01:02 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of
Default Re: New on Board

Welcome Ben! I often drive through Ohio on the 90, but I'm based out of Buffalo. Maybe we can meet up and fish some time! Either way, welcome to the forum, you'll like it here!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 10-31-2011, 01:03 PM

Just let me know Gator! If it's fly time or bass time I'm always up for some fishing!
Old 10-31-2011, 01:14 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

Welcome Ben

I'd recommend you check Mad River Outfitters for some river reports as well as a great tackle and fly tying materials resource.
If you're hooked on Fly Fishing after one trip, wait til you get into flytying!!!!

Addicted To Vise
Old 10-31-2011, 01:29 PM

Fontinalis it's funny to see you on this board also because aren't you a member of OGF also?

I've been trying to find a nice B&B out in that area to take the girlfriend for the night but haven't found anything yet. Might also take her to Clear Fork and stay up in Loudonville.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:30 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Ben: Welcome to the forum and the great sport of fly fishing! I can't provide any help with fishing in your area, but I'm sure others that see this thread might be able to shed some light!

Larry

Old 10-31-2011, 02:35 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future

Must be a different guy with the same handle - I've no idea what OGF is!!

Addicted To Vise
Old 10-31-2011, 03:01 PM

OGF is Ohio Game Fishing. And there is another user in the Fly Fishing Group over there with the user name of Fontinalis. What are the odds!!
Old 10-31-2011, 03:06 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Ben.We've already got some Bens on the forum...one of them is french like me
Old 10-31-2011, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjaminrogers View Post
OGF is Ohio Game Fishing. And there is another user in the Fly Fishing Group over there with the user name of Fontinalis. What are the odds!!
Both of us named after trouts....

Addicted To Vise