The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Great Lakes Region

Great Lakes Region Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2010, 11:56 AM

LenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to behold
Default Of MICE and Men

The Chicago Trout Bum: Driftless Area Mouse Patterns

I have been watching Dave Heyman's luck/action on mice and I am going to give it a whirl soon.

Dave is sending me some of his Mice he has tied and I have a couple Whitlock Mice too.

Awakens the sleeping giants he says....rolls on the mice are huge.

HUGE?

He is talking my language.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:20 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Of MICE and Men

Len: Cool looking mouse pattern! Do you know what fur he is using for the body, also what material is he using for the tail?

Here is a link to a mouse pattern I tied up awhile back using Nutria fur that you can buy off EBay. My problem was that I couldn't decide what worked best for the tail.

Mouse Pattern

Larry
Old 06-29-2010, 09:37 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

Larry,
Try chamois for the tail, or a shaved zonker strip.
Dan
Old 06-29-2010, 10:04 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Dan

Thanks for the tip!

Larry
Old 06-29-2010, 12:21 PM

LenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to behold

I can NOT get a decent night time photo to save my life.

They always looked washed out or dead.

played with fresco option to just bring out some colors.

Can anyone give some digital photo help?
Old 06-29-2010, 03:18 PM
Administrator

Len: I can't help with the night photos, but I sure do like your work with the fresco options, very nice indeed!

Larry
Old 06-29-2010, 03:29 PM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinner View Post

ZOMBIE FISH! Ahhhhhaahhhh!!!!!!! Click the image to open in full size.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:41 PM

Umpqua - Mouserat (Weedless)

Sent this photo to Umpqua a few months back. They really liked it. Said it was a shame that they just released their 2011 catalog because they really liked it.

Told them they could use it in 2012 catalog with photo credit. My contact person was very happy and asked for a larger version of the photo.
Umpqua
Old 11-16-2010, 03:57 PM
Administrator

Len: I hope your photo gets published next year! I really like it!

Larry
Old 11-16-2010, 04:34 PM

riverwalker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinner View Post
I can NOT get a decent night time photo to save my life.

They always looked washed out or dead.

Can anyone give some digital photo help?
If you tell us your current setup I can likely point you in the right direction...