The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Great Lakes Region

Great Lakes Region Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2011, 10:24 AM

mikeman715 is on a distinguished road
Default SE/SW Wisconsin fishing trip

So, sometime this spring/summer, my brother and I would like to take a small fishing trip. We are currently located in SE Wis(milwaukee/racine), but know we need to travel a bit to get some good trout fishing.
I was wondering if you guys could suggest some rivers and streams that have great fishing, and what month is the fishing prime? Looking for those nice 18 inch trout! And Im thinking that we will fish a few different rivers.
Any info would be fantastic! thanks
Old 12-11-2011, 10:45 AM

famill00 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: SE/SW Wisconsin fishing trip

Talk to the guys at the Driftless Angler in Viroqua Wisconsin.

Driftless Angler Wisconsin Spring Creek Fly Fishing And Fly Shop - Driftless Angler Fly Shop

-Forrest
Old 12-11-2011, 01:55 PM

jk 8 is just really nicejk 8 is just really nicejk 8 is just really nicejk 8 is just really nicejk 8 is just really nice
Default Re: SE/SW Wisconsin fishing trip

Check out Driftless Trout Anglers for some info. I just started fishing the drifltess area this summer, and have learned quite a bit from this site, and from my experiences on the stream.
I like streams in Grant County, but thats because its an hour closer to me than Viroquoa is, although I plan on taking a week off to trout fish in the summer, and I'll be checking that area out for sure. As for the right times to fish, I can't really help you out there, I just try and get up there whenever I can haha.

Have fun up there next year, let me know if you have any questions.

Edit: I noticed you said you were from the Racine area, how's the Root River fishing. I plan on taking a trip up there on Thursday after finals are over for my first steelhead/lake run brown fishing experience, what can I expect?