The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Great Lakes Region

Great Lakes Region Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pryal74

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2012, 01:43 AM

pryal74 has a spectacular aura aboutpryal74 has a spectacular aura about
Default Brown Trout fly fishing in the Upper Peninsula 2011

This by far was our best year on the fly for river resident Brown Trout.* Here are some of the highlights of our season on the water.* We had our usual staple of fine hatches which kept the browns spry and healthy.* Hope you enjoy these and that your 2012 is just as good.

Click the image to open in full size.

---------- Post added at 01:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 AM ----------

madjoni likes this.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:04 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of
Default Re: Brown Trout fly fishing in the Upper Peninsula 2011

James, nice fish!! Quite the mouth on the fourth one down too. But best of all, nice hat, go Wings (my mom is from Detroit).

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 02-07-2012, 12:14 PM

ted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to behold

What an awesome group of pictures! Sure makes a guy want to make the trip up that way.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:37 PM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute

Great fish, James. Are some of those lake run fish? When I lived in SW Michigan some friends had an A-frame on the Escanaba outside of Rock. I really loved it up there. Some of those pictures show a pretty big river, is that the Escanaba?
Old 02-08-2012, 01:46 AM

pryal74 has a spectacular aura aboutpryal74 has a spectacular aura about

No these are all river resident fish. We are seeing vast numbers of natural reproduction on a large river I fish here. Stocking efforts are very small now-a-days on a certain river. The population is going strong. The biggest one I landed this year was 11:45 pm (while battling mosquitoes) he was over 2 pounds and measured 24 1/8". I thought at first he had been fouled hooked because I could not move him during the first ten minutes. I was in shock when he didn't fit in my net.

Yes, we have one of the best dry fly rivers in the U.S. in my opinion. I have had clients tell me the same thing. We also had the lowest water levels in over ten years here, but the fish were just as abundant as always and stayed right into fall.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:03 PM

flyfishmich has a spectacular aura aboutflyfishmich has a spectacular aura about

some beauties there. and so, what river would that be? I love the UP. I lived in the Soo for 5 years but that was before I was into fishing
Old 05-10-2012, 05:08 PM

rockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to all

I know, but it's not my post.