The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Great Lakes Region

Great Lakes Region Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2012, 12:37 PM

LenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to behold
Default That Magical Feeling

Click the image to open in full size.

Went out this morning to just walk some streams. The winter has been much too long and I needed some time outside.

It seemed very awkward to be on the stream without a pole in my hand. I managed to scout 2 new stretches. One stretch I had wanted to scout for quite some time. It was a nice walk. The stream was too skinny and the trout were far and few and almost nonexistent. Log book entry already made about that stretch.

The second place I scouted was a little better and the trout gods were smiling on this stream. A return trip with a rod in hand is in order.

On the was back to the vehicle it began to spit snow and the area was a little hazy. It seemed magical. The snow was gently hitting me in the face and my beard was icing up a little. I couldn't help but smile the entire way back to the vehicle.

I truly love the outdoors and miss my quiet time on the stream.

Last edited by LenHarris; 02-16-2012 at 08:10 AM.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:08 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: That Magical Feeling

Len: I know what you mean about the magical feeling! I spent the weekend with the girlfriend in Pinedale and out her front window it looked just like your photo with the low hanging clouds, very sureal. Four deer bedded down under the trees in the neighbors yard and didn't seem too concerned as I was shoveling the fresh snow off the sidewalk.

Larry