The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Great Lakes Region

Great Lakes Region Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2012, 11:25 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of
Default Re: Winter Steelhead on the fly

That brown is downright piggish! Your buddy is going to be totally jaded with that as his first brown!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 03-02-2012, 01:33 AM

pryal74 has a spectacular aura aboutpryal74 has a spectacular aura about

It's funny because I was telling them that there are gigantic slob Browns in here and an hour later he slams one. Yeah, you're right, he might go forever before he even lands one close to that.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:27 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

James, here is the pattern I've been using lately, I tied some in a light scheme last night as well. I was going to tie a color scheme that directly matched the nymphs I've seen under rocks lately, but I figured for now I'd be best with just dark and light. Three fish so far on the dark scheme, looking to test out the light scheme soon.

Click the image to open in full size.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 03-05-2012, 11:07 PM

Interesting but cool tie. I love the legs on those.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:41 AM

The only thing on the legs is that I have yet to master getting them to go in the right directions. But then again, a lot of things on a lot of my ties end up going in entirely unintended directions, such is the curse of a novice

Old 03-06-2012, 10:39 PM

I'm not much better haha. If anything I could be worse. If the fish take them, I'm happy. I'm going to post my report from earlier today.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:46 PM

Looking forward to it. Haven't devoted any time to steelhead this weekend, headed out after inland trout tomorrow!