The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Great Lakes Region

Great Lakes Region Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2012, 02:04 PM

LenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to behold
Default High & Dirty

Click the image to open in full size.

Your preview for the streams in Wisconsin this weekend for Trout Fishing Opener.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:15 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: High & Dirty

Len: That doesn't look very promising! Are you getting lots of rain that is causing the water to be so high?

Old 02-29-2012, 02:21 PM

LenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to behold

snow/rain/sleet and the ground is still frozen
Old 02-29-2012, 02:33 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Len: That's not a good combination for clear streams.
I made the move (retirement) up to Pinedale, WY last week. The yard has a ton of snow and the next couple of days are forecast for more. I was kind of interested in where we were at for seasonal snow pack, looked it up and for the upper green we are still only at 95%.

Old 02-29-2012, 03:08 PM

ted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to behold

Heck, those streams will be, at worst, stained come Saturday. The water was low to begin with, so it should only help your chances of getting a few. I'll be out fishing Minnesota's streams tomorrow. I've got some nice little headwaters that are just calling my name right now. Unfortunately, I'm stuck in the office for now.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted4887 View Post
Heck, those streams will be, at worst, stained come Saturday. The water was low to begin with, so it should only help your chances of getting a few. I'll be out fishing Minnesota's streams tomorrow. I've got some nice little headwaters that are just calling my name right now. Unfortunately, I'm stuck in the office for now.
ted

it is snowing and raining now and forecasted to do it again friday.
most of those photos are from headwater streams.
The ground is still frozen here.

Detailed Local Forecast
How to Read This

Tonight: Mainly cloudy with snow showers around this evening. Low 31F. Winds WNW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 50%.
Tomorrow: Mainly cloudy. High 42F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph.
Tomorrow night: Cloudy with rain and snow showers in the evening. Snow showers overnight. Low 33F. Winds E at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precip 50%.
Friday: Rain and snow in the morning transitioning to snow showers in the afternoon. Temps nearly steady in the mid to upper 30s. Winds NNE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of precip 70%. A slushy accumulation of less than one inch.
Saturday: Rain and snow. Highs in the upper 30s and lows in the mid 20s.
Sunday: A few snow showers possible, windy. Highs in the mid 30s and lows in the low 20s.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:21 PM

trout2234 is on a distinguished road

thats what my trempealeau cry streams are looking like, except almost all are over their banks. good thing theres regional championship games this weekend...

Exploring the Driftless Area of SW WI and SE MN. Dry or Die.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:04 PM

driftlessman is on a distinguished road

The streams will be fishable come saturday. The majority of the wildlife in Wisconsin has had a pretty easy winter.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:29 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

You have some crazy good looking waters to fish Len. Someday yes someday.

Dave
Old 03-02-2012, 07:49 PM

pegboy1 has a spectacular aura aboutpegboy1 has a spectacular aura about

Geez!! Go figure probabaly the two coldest, wetest days in the next couple of weeks fall right on opening weekend. I'll still be there