The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Great Lakes Region

Great Lakes Region Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2012, 09:34 PM

LenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to behold
Default Stones!!!

Click the image to open in full size.

Size 12 or 10 these. The water was alive with them.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:04 AM

araitim is just really nicearaitim is just really nicearaitim is just really nicearaitim is just really nice
Default Re: Stones!!!

i noticed them coming off the Grand River in Lansing yesterday but nothing was keyed in on them, not even the birds.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:21 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Len: Great work on the photograpy capturing that stone fly nymph.

Larry
Old 03-08-2012, 05:59 PM

trout sniper is on a distinguished road

SWEET! Glad to see the stonefly hatch kicking in. Thanks for the report
Old 03-08-2012, 09:26 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by araitim View Post
i noticed them coming off the Grand River in Lansing yesterday but nothing was keyed in on them, not even the birds.

I'd bet a dollars to doughnuts that the fish had gorged themselves on the nymphs. I'd go tomorrow and take another look, maybe drag a nymph around and see what happens.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm probably wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

http://www.wasatchguideservice.com/

Old 03-08-2012, 09:40 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Flashback PT nymphs tied in dark colors have been absolutely killer in our area, likely due to their resemblance to stone fly nymphs. Definitely a solid go-to, at least in my area! Hopefully I'll be fishing the dry stage soon!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 03-08-2012, 09:48 PM

ted4887 is a name known to allted4887 is a name known to allted4887 is a name known to allted4887 is a name known to allted4887 is a name known to allted4887 is a name known to all

I hear ya there Gator! I've been fortunate to fish a few decent midge hatches this season, but nothing that really got me excited. Next week though, temps are in the 60's and maybe even 70 a day or two. I expect some really solid BWO action, and have stocked my box accordingly. I'm really just biding my time until we get into some caddis hatches. This is shaping up to be one really solid year for us up here hatch wise. Little to no flooding events, and the streams are just packed with bugs.