The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Great Lakes Region

Great Lakes Region Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2012, 06:08 PM

pkins44 will become famous soon enoughpkins44 will become famous soon enough
Default Du Page Smallies 02/09/2012

Click the image to open in full size.

Went out for a few hours early this morning and came up with two smallies today. It was too cold for my camera so I hope you can atleast tell the picture is of the nice smallie I caught today on a egg sucking leach (ran out of wooly buggers and was making due).

But either way there was only the one smallmouth worth taking a picture of and the other was maybe 6". There weren't many fish to be seen, there were a few chasers but everything real calm. And no signs of my carp yet, but keeping a close eye out.

I went and scouted a small creek at the end of the day off of lockport rd, by four seasons park in plainfield. I walked along the creek for a few hundred yrds its shallow but definitely has holes with cover. So who knows? Gonna try to hit that creek up because of the few trees and its seems to run through powerline easeway for quite a ways so Ill let you all know next time.

Til then good luck and just because your line is frozen to each eyelet on your rod doesn't mean they wont bite. I hate that ice build up. Is there anything outhere to prevent that in cold weather (wd40")?
Old 03-09-2012, 06:11 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Du Page Smallies 02/09/2012

It's gettin' better every day Bud

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 03-09-2012, 06:16 PM

Yes it is! Going back out early in the am tomorrow. And then gonna try to find some new place for sunday afternoon. Thanks again
Old 03-10-2012, 03:06 PM

joshw is on a distinguished road

Nice smallie, I'm two towns north of where you were fishing
Old 03-10-2012, 04:20 PM

Glad to hear of more fishermen on the dupage. I went out again this morning (5am- 8am) at hammel woods and came up with lots of casting practice again. It was just frigid this morning and nothing was around. Other than nearly tripping over a deer that didnt see me or I it, only a couple of ducks were out today. No bait fish seen. Didnt get out this afternoon but am doing research to find a good spot up in the dekalb area. Im thinking the kishawaukee but need to narrow down potential spots. So if anyone has any places they know of to just make some casts let me know. Good luck and hope to see you out there