The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Great Lakes Region

Great Lakes Region Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2012, 01:37 PM

chi_fly is on a distinguished road
Default Devil's Lake, Wisconsin

Has anyone fly fished Devil's Lake near Baraboo, Wisc? I have just entered the world of fly fishing and I am hoping to pop my cherry while on a camping trip up there the first weekend in June.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:11 PM

pegboy1 has a spectacular aura aboutpegboy1 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Devil's Lake, Wisconsin

theres fish in there for sure. take a look at this..

Also might be worth your while to take about a 20 minute drive to the town of Lodi. Lodi Creek has some nice trout fishing right in an around town. Easy drive plenty of trout. Also take a look at a map for Rowan Creek (also close). Found a stretch that went through a park just loaded with small browns. Lots of fun as well.

One more to check out is Dell Creek. Found some real nice rainbows feeding under a bridge at a tail out one day. Not as good as the other two though, but super duper close to the lake.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:18 PM

ghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud of

That right there is a lot of bugs!...
Old 05-08-2012, 08:53 AM

chi_fly is on a distinguished road

I hear they stock that lake pretty full of trout and other fish. Thanks for the other recommendations! Hopefully, I can break away from the group long enough to explore the other locales. I will have to post some pics of my trip and hopefully my first fish on the fly! And ghocevar, you are right! They be swarmin'!

Thanks