The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Great Lakes Region

Great Lakes Region Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2012, 03:35 PM

chi_fly is on a distinguished road
Default Cherry Poppin' Bass!

Caught my first on the fly this past weekend! First time out on my own too! This little guy waited until the last cast of the evening to latch on.

Click the image to open in full size.

Had several hits before him. He was the only lucky one to stick. It felt good! All the guys I went camping with were mocking me about fly fishing, blah. blah, blah...
"You can't fly fish in a lake!"
"You can't fly fish for bluegill or bass!" "
What the H. E. Double Hockey Sticks are you trying to do?"
blah blah blah....

I was the only one that caught a fish that day. Except for the guy that snagged one in the gills while retrieving his lure. That doesn't count in my book.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:43 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cherry Poppin' Bass!

Very nice, congrats! Keep at it Bass fishing on a fly rod is great fun.

Old 06-08-2012, 07:25 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

Good job! Keep on showing your buddies that you can catch fish with fly gear...LOL

Dan
Old 06-08-2012, 09:08 AM

chi_fly is on a distinguished road

One of the biggest misconceptions I have come across from other people about fly fishing is that you can only fish in small rivers or streams, you have to stand out in the middle of the water, and you can only catch trout.