The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Great Lakes Region

Great Lakes Region Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2012, 08:33 AM

tim_y is on a distinguished road
Default First timer saying Hello

Greetings all,

First post, first time on the site and first time living anywhere outside of the Northeast. A little about myself, I grew up fishing in NY about 45 min. from all of the famous Catskill Streams. I used to fish the Wallkill River (some of the best SMB fishing in NY) all time time as it was about 10 min. from my house. For the past 10 years or so, I've been pretty much exclusive to fly fishing (not a purist), when you live so close to so many premier trout streams, its hard not to pick up a fly rod.

I've now been in Chicago for about a week, and of course the first order of business is to try and figure out what I can find that swims.

After a little bit of searching, it looks like if I want to go after some trout this season, its going to be Wisconsin or Indiana. Look forward to meeting some folks on here, and who knows, maybe find a couple of fishing buddies.

-Tim
Old 06-21-2012, 09:42 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: First timer saying Hello

Hi Tim,

Quite a change from the Catskill region to where you are now huh? We have members in your neighborhood and if you were to go back and edit your personal information so that your location will show in the upper right corner of your posts they will find you. You'll notice ion my reply that my location is shown in the right corner. This always helps people to know where you are posting from.

I hope you'll enjoy using the forum and post with us often.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 06-21-2012, 10:29 AM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

Dude......
Old 06-21-2012, 12:39 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Tim...hope you'll find a fishing buddy soon...would have liked to...but I'm a bit far
Old 06-22-2012, 08:13 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

Tim, welcome to the Forum... Don't overlook MI for some great trout fishing...

Dan
Old 06-22-2012, 08:43 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Tim: Welcome to the forum! I can't help with fishing in your area, but I'm sure others will chime in and help out.

Larry

Larry
Old 07-06-2012, 07:28 PM

stevie_the_scotsman is on a distinguished road

Tim,
I grew up trout fishing in Scotland and have been exploring west and central wisconsin where I am now residing .Would be happy to help if you have any questions.
Cheers
Steve