The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Great Lakes Region

Great Lakes Region Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2012, 09:37 AM

LenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to behold
Default Back To Back Casts

How would you like to catch these two amazing brook trout on 2 casts?
Click the image to open in full size.
It was three years ago on tiny water.
I had never fished the stream before.
mcnerney and mysticm like this.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:33 PM

LenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to beholdLenHarris is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Back To Back Casts

from same outing

Old 08-21-2012, 01:17 PM

mysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to behold

Len, Would love to catch even one of them in a day's outing! nice Brookies.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:31 AM

I went back to the uncropped versions of the file in my photo archives.

There might have been a photo mix up.

I am some times stubborn and pigheaded,

This is the only other brookie photo from that outing.

I try to say I am reasonable
Old 08-22-2012, 05:41 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Len: Great looking brookies! Are you still fishing or has the water in your area gotten too warm?

Old 08-22-2012, 06:00 AM

We had some cooler weather and trout are back on and it is safe to fish them.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:23 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenHarris View Post
We had some cooler weather and trout are back on and it is safe to fish them.
I'm only fishing in the am as the streams around here are getting pretty warm in the afternoons, can't wait until things start cooling off a bit.

Old 08-22-2012, 03:32 PM

I put both originals on a measuring grid today.

OBVIOUSLY two different trout
Old 08-23-2012, 04:57 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenHarris View Post
I put both originals on a measuring grid today.

OBVIOUSLY two different trout

Aw c'mon Len. The first two trout are the same fish. It's a very nice fish indeed but still, you must have your pictures confused.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackster View Post
Aw c'mon Len. The first two trout are the same fish. It's a very nice fish indeed but still, you must have your pictures confused.
you must be right Jackster